Late Night's

Summary :

Working all night, Loki and Mobius had been collecting and examining files for as long as they could remember as of late. When Mobius had told Loki time was different in the Null Time Zone, the God now wished time was predictable. Another file down, Loki consulted to rest his head. Mobius was a humble man, curious and kind hearted, knowing it was time for a well deserved nap...and maybe a shot of whiskey, or two. Using a file, he tapped on the variant's lower arm, catching his partner's attention.

"Come on. It's late and you are going to pass out any second."

"Am not! I'm only resting my eyes, you fool." The God retorted, earning a light chuckle from the agent.

"I'll believe that when I have my jetski."

Deserting his office chair, Mobius tugged on Loki, helping the taller male up and walk about the halls. This was a reoccurance for the past month. Any worker at TVA would believe the pair would drop from exhaustion, yet they always got up and repeated their days. Not to say they hated it, they loved it. Loki was never a man to sit down and do the actual work, but being able to horse around with Mobius, having the bit of fun they could, it was worth every minute.

Once filled with anger and hurt, Mobius was able to conform Loki into the man he is now. The anger and hurt still there and present, but he had become so much more. Loki knew that somewhere, Thor would be proud of the God he had become.

With their heavy footsteps, they arrived to their shared room, having their eyes dead set on the bed in the next room. Their living quarters wasn't large, but it was doable. It held many artifacts and files, still having the hint of warmth and welcoming mixed into the atmosphere.

"Let's get you to bed. I'll follow you." Mobius muttered, taking off his jacket, tossing it onto a random sofa. Loki did the same, a yawn interrupting his tired thoughts.

"You sound like my mother, Mobius. You know I can handle myself."

"I know you can, but it is my job to care for you, you know."

"As is mine." Loki responded, his ocean blue's meeting Mobius's own. A comfortable silence fell upon them as they took in each other's presence, soft touches being exchanged. It was moments like these that truly showed how much they cared for one another. They didn't have to speak a word, but they held more conversations in these times than not. Their touches, soft and sweet, were nothing but reassurance, that this wasn't a dream, a wish that would never be granted.

Their lips, rough and cracked, were fit for them. Then they met, it was as if an explosion of emotions arose, leaving a comfortable high resin between the men, almost like magic. Breaths short and heavy, they met gazes once again, the agent breaking the silence, his voice soft, having the roughness of a bad carving, but the smoothness of a rose petal.

"I love you, Loki." Those four words, so simple, yet so complex, were a mallet to Loki, knocking him to his feet every time. He was a creature that was always told that love wasn't meant for him, a cruel reminder that he was not the same as others. Yet, a mortal had wriggled his way into Loki's life, holding the very emotion Loki wouldn't dream of feeling, shoving it into his face, rubbing it in until the God could see clearly. If Loki had to do it all over again, just to be in this moment longer, he would.

"As I you, Mobius."

As promised, the agent had helped Loki settle into the thick blankets, soon joining his partner, older, but toned arms wrapping around Loki, pushing the God closer to Mobius, just how they liked it. With whispered goodnight's, they drowned themselves in each other's presence, allowing them to return to slumber, work awaiting for them when they awoke.