Prologue

I was born on a day like any other. The sun was shining and the birds were singing. My herd always tells me I look like a perfect mix between both of my parents. I have one of my mothers blue eyes and one of my fathers brown, I have both of their colors and my mothers paint pattern, and my mane is a light tan color with a few dark brown strips. My mother, Rain, was alone when I was born. My father, Spirit, had gone to speak with the buffalo. An old friend of his was on his way into the after life and wished for my father to be with him till the end. I still remember my fathers face when he returned two days after I had been born, he was sad, anyone who looked at him could tell, but when he saw me he thought of it as a miracle.
     As I grew I became more and more adventurous, running off only to be chased down by one of my many herd mates. On my sixth month my mother decided to bring me to visit an old friend of hers, Little Creek, she called him. He was a peculiar creature, hooting like an owl and howling like a wolf. From what I can remember I don't believe he had any fur or feathers, but he was nice. He gave me plenty of apples and other fresh foods I do not recognize from my home in the Cimarron. One was long and orange, it tasted fantastic! My parents told me about how they came to meet, it was quite an interesting story. Father being a such strong stallion I could not imagine how some of those weak humans could have caught him. And my mother! She got hit by an odd rock that nearly sent her to the clouds up above! Humans are very odd, I will never understand them, and honestly I never want to. Anyway this is boring, let's get into my story.

I hope this sounds interesting, I'll try very hard to update at least once a week. I also edited the picture to give her a blue eye instead of both being brown.