Chapter 1

White Stallion
3rd P.O.V
     Geist was running, she had been for many minutes. Before you think the worst, no she is not being hunted by humans like her curious father. Geist was with an old friend, a 4 year old harpy eagle named Safana. You see Safana and Geist are the same age, they were born just 4 weeks from each other. Safana and Geist spent their days challenging each other to tough races. Safana always pushing her friend beyond her limits, pushing her to be stronger and faster than any other horse in the Cimarron. Unknowingly Safana and Geist were growing up together just as Remo and Spirit had. The only difference between the two eagles is that typically harpy's are larger and faster than bald's, but that is not the case for poor Safana. You see unlike Remo, Safana grew to have a serious disadvantage compared to the other eagles. She was nearly five times smaller, only reaching 28" in height, while usually her kind are between 36" and 40". Due to that height difference Safana tends to fly faster than normal eagles. Geist used to struggle to keep up with her, but now she runs right in Safana's shadow.
2nd P.O.V
     Returning to her herd, Geist could hear the soft thumping of hooves belonging to a pair of young colts playing chase. Having just recently been born to a stallion with a twin of his own, though said stallion is still not over his ear biting problem with said twin. (A/n I hope to recognize who this certain twin is) Geist watching now from the top of the hill just shook her head and continued down the hill.
Geist's P.O.V
My grandmother, Esperanza, was getting up in her elderly years. She still has a long life ahead of her, but I believe she would like to see her mate again soon. She speaks of wonderful tales of adventures they had gone on. From all of her stories I can tell that Strider was a strong and fearless stallion who gave up his life to be sure my father got his. I had heard he was taken by humans, the herd instantly believing he had died then. I'm not so sure that he is passed though. Believe me, I know it is a long shot, but my father was taken by humans too. Grandpa Strider could still be alive out there. The thing is, the one time I brought my theory into conversation my father sent me away in anger. I forget how sensitive one can be over certain subjects. Anyway, night is falling and I know everyone will be in bed soon. That means I only have a short amount of time to eat before everyone is to sleep. Safana went to her family after our run, they were going on a group hunt together and she did not want to miss it.
As I was beginning to close my eyes I heard something in the distance. It sounded like hooves, a lot of them. The other thing about it though was that I heard another noise intermingled into them. A sort of hooping and hollering, kind of similar to Little Creek but more, I don't know, dangerous.
     That's when I saw it, just over the hill. A hat, kind of like the one Little Creek placed on my father head as a human joke. Excited I looked up expecting to see said human. Wait. I don't recognize that one, or the others behind it. I heard my father yell out my name, "Geist! Run! Take the herd and run!" But it was too late, we were being surrounded, everyone was panicking not knowing what to do. My grandmother in a spurt of confidence lashed out at the man who came from the hill first. He pulled a long stick thing from his side and whipped her across the face with it. Her old body being unable to keep her head facing forward turned to the side destroying any and all confidence in her. The other humans atop horses were still circling us. The horses did not look happy, well all except one. A white stallion, he looked calm and collected. He obviously was not bothered by what was happening. Even worse the man in charge was on his back. I know I have to get out of this, if I don't I cannot help them escape later. In a last ditch effort I sprinted toward the white horse. He looked at me with a smug glare, almost like he knows I'll be unsuccessful. I turned that smug look back on him, and leaped over him knocking of his rider at the same time. "Go catch that one Prince," said the rider of the white stallion. I was expecting a human to dash after me, only to be surprised by the stallion. I pushed myself even harder calling for Safana. I know Safana can help me out of this situation. She knows this land like the black of her talons, especially since she can see it from a different point of view from mine.
After running from sun up to sun down I noticed that the stallion was not letting up, and Safana is still no where to be found. I am way past the Cimarron, just now realizing that I can be at Little Creeks camp soon. I know he'll be able to get rid of this persistent stallion on my hindquarters. "Slow down you stubborn mare," he huffed at me, almost sounding like the growl of a wolf. "No! Leave me alone!" I whinnied back. He just huffed in annoyance and sped up forcing me to do the same. Finally I could see the human camp in the distance. I began neighing as loud as I could, hoping to get Little Creeks attention. I saw him come running from a triangle made from some animal skin. I dashed past him and waited for him to send the pesky stallion on his way. "Oh Geist, you have a mate now," he said instead. I looked at him with the most offended look I could muster. He seemed to have gotten the hint because he smirked and walked toward the triangle. "Why won't you just leave already," I asked. "Because my human wants me to capture you and bring you back," he replied, looking at me like I'm stupid. Little Creek returned with a rope around his shoulders. He pulled the rope off and threw it over the stallion. He seemed annoyed, but didn't look like he was going to run. I just sent him a smug smile, only to have it drop when the other half of the rope was placed over my own neck. He seemed to be amused by what had just happened. Little Creek just looked at me and smiled "you'll thank me later, Geist, this is how your parents fell in love," and he just returned to his triangle. Leaving me to deal with the annoying stallion presenting a pretty obvious problem, and I'm not just talking about the attitude.

Here's the first official chapter! I hope you enjoyed it and be sure to add it to your library! And press that star if you feel like it! Have a great day, night, morning, etc :)