Chapter 14: An Expensive Pebble

"I love you. Please come with me to LA."

"Baby, we can't be together if I go," Carina answered, ignoring the first three words the student has said. Maya sighed thinking what she could do so that the professor wouldn't compromise her career.

"What if we break up and stick to our original plan? We'll wait for each other," Maya suggested. The look on the brunette's face changed from being frustrated to being mad.

"Seriously?! You want us to break up? You really thought about that huh? So you can go to college parties and fuck whoever you want?!" Carina said in a loud voice. She sat up looking at the blonde who was about to sit up too because of what she heard.

"What?! I never thought about college parties! I don't even see myself with someone else! I only suggested that so you could get the job in LA too. In that way, we don't have to hide anything in the campus. Baby, I love you please don't get mad. I only want what's best for you." Maya was shouting at first but she couldn't get mad at her girlfriend for too long so the last three sentences were a little calmer.

"I do too," the brunette mumbled.

"You love me?" the blonde asked with wide eyes.

"Hmm," Carina smiled widely, holding her thumb and index finger close to each other with space in between. "Just a little," she continued.

Maya furrowed her eyebrows but the smile on her face was not fading then started tickling the Italian.

"Stop! Stop! Okay, maybe more than the normal amount," Carina shouted so the blonde would stop.

"Are you gonna say it?" Maya asked. "I already said it," the brunette answered.

"No, you didn't."

"I did," the professor said again.

"Three words. Eight letters. You know like how Chuck Bass says it!"

"It doesn't matter how I say it, Maya," Carina said making Maya groan as she gave up.

The two have decided that Carina would still stay in Seattle because the Italian would never agree to break up with the student. She couldn't imagine not calling Maya her girlfriend anymore, but the blonde, on the other hand, had a plan in mind.

--
Vic and Maya were in the same class while Andrew was at home because he was not feeling well. They were sitting at the back of the classroom so the blonde could share her plan to her girl bestfriend on how Carina could also go to LA.

"What's that?" Vic asked when the blonde put a small box on the work surface of her armchair.

Maya opened it, making her bestfriend squeal.

"Ms. Hughes," the teacher said as a warning.

"Are you insane?! Is that an engagement ring?! How were you able to pay for that?! It's beautiful! Is it over a carat?" the curly-haired woman whisper-shouted.

They were looking at the board and pretending to take down notes so they wouldn't catch their teacher's attention.

"I think I might be insane for spending $10,000. Yes, it's an engagement ring. I used all my savings including my varsity allowance since freshman year. And yes, the diamond is 2 carats but the clarity is not the best so it's cheaper," the blonde answered all the questions of her bestfriend.