The window tap

Its two forty one in the after noon. Ariel isn't here yet. But that is the least of anyone's problem at the moment.

We have a big maths tournament around the corner, and whoever decides to take their own time for granted clearly had bigger reasons to do so.

My gaze slid from my book for the first time in fifteen minutes since I started breaking down a certain quadratic equation. My nickname was enzyme back home for this specific reason. I solved math equations for fun.

I had big dreams. Big dreams that my own skull couldn't fit. Luckily my interests were exactly based on  that. I wanted to study osteology. The human frame and skeleton intrigued me quite deeply.

This burning passion began to brew in eleventh grade. After realising that the atlas, a bone that's part of the thoracic vertebrae was and is responsible for holding as well as supporting the entire skull on its respectable location. But that wasn't exactly what awed me to the point of wanting to study bones. What actually caught my heart and soul was the fact that its name was derived from one of my favourite Greek myth.

Atlas was a titan cursed by the almighty annoying whore Zeus to carry the earth on his shoulders for a restless eternity. Much like our own atlas who carried our head. It brought upon a list of odd hypothesises from my ever inquisitive conscious.

Like if the Greek and bone atlas are carrying the earth and our skulls for eternity respectively. Does that mean our bodies live on for eternity with this curse or blessing?

Or perhaps the entire galaxy, stars and planets included is only someone's imagination. A mind is being carried by atlas which is the earth. That means that the main concept in quantum physics is correct. Only I thought that perhaps it had a mirror effect.

If we are in someone's mind that means they are also in our minds. It keeps reflecting and reflecting. Much like captain Dorothy from black clovers spell "glamour world" a world that states that whatever you think of is there and shall appear in your mind. For your mind is a place and a world where creation takes place. That creation is your imagination.

Oops sorry for suddenly dragging you into my mind like that. See it works because you actually began to imagine what I just described. Books have this effect of dragging you straight into someone's mind because we think our reality is too plain or painful. Or just for fun. Its taking a free vacation to an invisible place. That comes to life when you read it. Even so, it won't always be identical.

Books make telepathy feel real and those are some of the reasons why I love them. They unify minds.

Little of us have the ability to enter in ones mind. Or some of us have it unknowingly but the person might not grant us that permission to invade it.

"What are you smiling about?" A horsey feminine voice asked with humour beside me. Probably knowing what it was that had me happy already.

I turned to face Samantha who was right next to me. We were surrounded by books on a mahogany study desk. The walls were a deep blue to green that most would call turquoise.

At the mention of turquoise my heart skipped a beat at my crush's favourite sweater.

"Nothing" I cosily responded to her former question. Causing her to push her glasses upward with her index finger. They weren't even falling off her nose. She just did that as a habit because that's what cool people with glasses did in the movies when they were trying to come up with answers.

Which is exactly what Sammy was doing at the moment."

"Let me guess" she began with unconstrained eagerness. Her eye lids closed the distance between each other slightly as she commanded them to squint. Her blue to grey irises shining through her round rimmed glasses.