Chapter 1

Zander pov
I feel like I'm supposed to be excited, going to college is supposed to be a big exciting moment right? Well not for me.
High school was rough. I had no friends but my step-sister hailey, we started a music club together but no one ever joined… and we couldn't ever participate in the annual band competition cause we didn't have enough members. And we got bullied a lot, especially by these four assholes. Henry, Liam, Jake and drew. They called us “music freaks”

We graduated high school but now what? I never had any real interests besides music, and the chances of actually making a stable career out of that are very low. So we both just did what our parents suggested and decided to get a degree in accounting, it may be a very very very boring job, but it will pay well or whatever so that's what we’re going with. We both moved into a small apartment in new york together.

I came out of my room at 10:00 AM, still in my pajamas, and flopped onto the couch.
“Good morning sunshine” said hailey from the kitchen
I sat up as hailey brought over some toaster waffles and we both started eating
“So what are you planning on doing today?” asked hailey
“I dunno” i replied
“Well since we might need money if we’re planning to survive im going to go out and look for a part-time job and since you haven't done much but mope around since we got here i suggest you do the same” said hailey
“Ok whatever it's not like i have anything better to do… “ i replied, putting away my plate and heading to my room to get ready.
I got into the bathroom and brushed my hair then headed to my room to get an outfit. I looked through all my clothes before eventually deciding on just a purple hoodie and jeans. By the time I got ready, Hailey was already gone. So I just grabbed my phone and headed off.
I hadn't really explored the city yet, so i didn't really know where i was going. The moment i stepped outside of the building i was overwhelmed with bright lights and sounds, i had barely
gotten any sleep the night before, so my first thought was
“I need coffee…”
I started looking for a coffee shop, just expecting to find a starbucks or something, when i found this one place.
‘Sweet temptations cafe’
I was Curious so i walked closer, it smelled like coffee (weirdly enough) and i could faintly hear jazz music from inside, there was a sign on the door
‘Now hiring! If you are interested just come in and ask our employees” 
“What are the chances that i'm looking for a job and the first place i find is hiring?” i thought to myself
I opened the door and stepped into the shop.