Normal being abnormal

I remember how I just left the village. Scared, but at the same time, the feeling of curiosity made me think that I was just leaving my box of comfort to the unknown where I could change my life forever. Waking up at 6 AM was not a problem. My stuff was ready and so I took my backpack and suitcase and went out in the cold. All the lights were out except the one from the church that was always on. I prayed I would not meet Alia or Dante, or anyone else. It would have made it hard for us to say goodbye. I did damage to everyone I loved.

The car was parked a few yards away. The only one who usually would drive this car was Dante, but he taught me also how to drive and so I did, by that time not wanting to ever touch the car, but now I wanted to leave. I placed the backpack and suitcase in it and got in. The keys were there." Lucky me." I whispered. I placed the keys in the ignition and then pushed the pedal. The noise was so loud that I almost said "Shit!" out loud and I begged God won't hate me for even thinking at that word.

I started to drive, tired and sad at the same time. I thought of Dante all the road. About what I did to him, to Alia, to everyone from the village.

The map that I placed in the backpack was now near me, so I can see where the airport was. I even had saved money. Father Joseph would give us money for helping the tourists when they were coming to the village.

I knew I was going out of that village sooner or later by my mistakes. I had to drive to Sibiu to take the plane. I already checked the map and I was on schedule. I was about to arrive in the city at 10:36 am. The traffic was ok and so I had a clear path. I was going to stay there a day so that I could rest after the road.

Soon, I arrived at the hotel. I liked the hotel because I saw it in a brochure in which this hotel was presented and it had good feedback. I was going to stay only one night anyway so I chose this one.

The rest of the day I just stayed in my room and watched tv. More like, reliving my memories of Alia and Dante. Wondering if everyone was cursing me for taking the car, or asking about me. At around 9 pm I think I fell asleep.

By 6 am I woke up and I was already dressed. I went down to take something to eat. All you can eat buffet. I smiled. I placed on the plate a croissant, a glass of milk, some grapes, some cereals, and a fresh, then I turned and walked to a table and sat on the chair. By my first bite, I felt like I had something in my throat. I placed the fork on the table and looked at what I had on the plate. My foot was stomping and then a feeling of dizziness came over me. Food was not an option right now.

I couldn't believe that I left my best friends behind and even my horse. "Oh Altair!" I whispered to myself and continued,"I will come for you, but I am afraid I will find you dead before I will see you again!" and I sighed.

A few minutes later I was in the reception area, making the checkout. My backpack and suitcase were already near the car. On my way out I tipped the chauffeur and then got in the car.

It was already noon and I was on the road to the airport. I would have time to check some hotels when I would arrive there.

A few hours later I arrived at the airport. People were all in a hurry and that made me feel unsettled. Too much noise and now I saw what father Joseph said. Nobody would know what would happen around you if you needed anything. People, the roots of all the problems. And again, I was disappointed I left what I used to call my home. My feet would want to turn back, but my mind kept saying to go on.

Snapping out of my life theory my eyes scanned for the plate that said "Checkpoint".

I was not sure how I would proceed in asking about a ticket but my mouth did. The woman in front of me asked me what destination I chose. I said loud and clear New York. She smiled widely seeing me so excited. She checked to see if there were tickets available and then she smiled and said. "Domnule, sunteți norocos! Mai sunt două locuri și se pare că unul este pentru dumneavoastră. "I smiled. What can I say, I am lucky almost all the time. Almost. The woman smiled giving me the ticket and added, "Zbor plăcut!"