17

My love is rising the story's unwindin'
Together we'll make it 'n' reach for the stars
You're the only one, you're my only one
You're my life, every breath that I take.

My love is rising the story's unwindin'Together we'll make it 'n' reach for the starsYou're the only one, you're my only one You're my life, every breath that I take

Those butterflies in her stomach when being near him. Well, not that near considering that she was on the sidelines and he on the fields, but that was, anyway, always closer than how they have been in the last months.

As the assistant fixed her earphone and microphone, Sofia gave a glance to the scoreboard. Only team minutes left and Chelsea was winning over Lazio in the first game of their Champions League group stage.

Since she had that letter, about ten days ago, she never stopped thinking about the moment when she would have met Ben again, worrying if he was really that happy to see her. A lot of thoughts, if worries. She accepted that Sky Sport job offer without second thoughts, without really thinking about anything else, but she knew it that it was the best opportunity for her career.

For the latest days, she had been in touch, as always, with Timo, talking about him everything. They really became best friends by now -with the striker feeling incredibly happy and lucky by the fact that he could speak German with her, because she spoke it too-, they also managed to meet quickly, without anyone knowing.

She often thought at how their first meeting would have looked like, but none of them looked like enough, at least for her. She didn't want it to be banal and last minute, that was why she came up with this surprise.

The final whistle broke the flow of her thoughts, and her new coworkers signaled her to get ready.

"Preference on who to call?" Poppy, her boss and also friend, asked with a smirk.

"You know it!" The blonde Rumanian blinked, fixing her jacket and hair.

The English woman nodded. "Get us Chilwell."

And the first game was gone, with an easy win over Lazio. Ben was proud of how he and the team managed to get that win. 3-0 looked like a perfect way to start a new Champions League season.

He was so happy that he barely remembered that he was asked for an interview. Honestly he was waiting for Jorginho to be interviewed, since he got nominated MOTM.

Asking for which journalist crews he had to go, he almost had a heart attack when spotting a tall blonde woman, giving her back him.

It can't be her he kept saying in his mind. She worked in her country, and plus this girl's hair were longer and a lighter shade, but still, he hadn't seen her in a bit. For how much his heart wished her to be Sofia, his mind told him not have high hopes.

Quickly fixing his hair, Ben smiled as he finally approached the journalists, which noted were from Sky Sport.

"Good evening!" The footballer flashed a smile as he finally looked at the journalist, who had a signature smirk on her face. Ben's eyes widened, not really believing in what he was seeing. Was she really her? "S-Sofia?" He asked shocked, a good kind of shock, thou.