Summer 2003 - Chapter 1

There sitting on the corner of the bench was a boy

Brown hair that glistened under the shadows of the tree above him.

The girl hadn't seen him before over here —'hm. Maybe he was new? ' she wondered.
From his glasses to his soft features that were engrossed in what seemed to be a book.

"Daddy?" The young girl called out, still looking at the boy that intrigued her.

" why do people sit alone to read books? Do they want to , or because they don't have anyone?"

" it depends hun ; some choose to be alone because their company and imagination of reading books suffices for them. Some may be lonely so they confide in objects rather than real people" She didn't know what her father meant or had said. But she understood the last part.

Her growing ambition made her jump off the swing , running towards the boy that intrigued her, ignoring her fathers calls of question, that eventually died down in defeat.

Sand wrinkled it's ways into her shoes as She ran, a smile of adventure wrinkled its way around her eyes, lifting the corners of her lips in the process, but It didn't stop her because She saw herself getting closer to her destination.

That's when She reached the bench and sat right by him.

"Hi!" The girls' jumpy exterior seemed to constraint the boy.... unpleasantly , as his chest huffed and then puffed from the mini startle she had caused him to have. Though, the startle wasn't strong enough to let him loosen his grip upon his book.
The girl obliviously ignored the reaction and remained tough in her skin.

"Hi ! My name is Malory!" Enthusiasm laced its way out of her mouth , lifting her hand out for him, hoping he would get bit by the bug of her energy in the process and do the same.
His eyes finally got off the page of his book and he looked at her hand , judging it.

" I promise my hands are clean" Her naivety spoke thoughtlessly .
The boy finally looked at her, gray eyes, gray as they can be, it was the first time she had seen such transparent yet foggy eyes.

A slight scar laid on his left cheekbone. It woke a new feeling in her: curiosity.
"How'd you get that scar?" Blurted out of her unscrewed mouth.
Question asked seemed to bewilder the seated boy, his eyes blinked in a taken back stance
His face paled in a manner which evidently indicated — she shouldn't have asked "how" or "why" at all.

From the way he gulped, shaking his head back into the direction of pages filled with words that seemed to comfort him more than the mere presence of....a person?
The nervousness that had kicked in wasn't yet over as his eyes looked away in the void of the road ahead of the playground , his eyes darkening.

Slamming his book shut , he hopped off the bench walking away.

"Hey!" She shouted from behind as she hopped off the bench and followed in his footsteps

It had been a few minutes to her following him.
Tree branches dancing with the wind, forming their own encoded conversations and leaves forming symphonies as they flew by the two souls.

" stop following me " he'd finally spoken and she couldn't help her reaction as it walked through without a through her face, happily; eyes left wide open because her head had already given up at getting any response out of the mystery of a boy ; lips parted for a fly — 'he spoke!!' The girl exclaimed in her mind.

" not until you tell me your name , and it's bad to frown ,- you'll get wrinkles! "—-" no I won't !" His sudden stomp of the foot left the girl amused, she wanted more and if it was something she had learnt:  when he got agitated he would speak up.
"Well my daddy said so! " she said, trying to fight a smile of satisfaction '

' he spoke !! ' is all that danced in her head.

A final  'hymph' was exhaled from him before his black school shoes clicked to the ground solid and stopped.

A satisfactory smile ran through every inch of the girl at last.

She wanted to call for her father and tell him She had achieved something new ; that's when she looked around and soon an eery feeling built up— her chest tightened making small hands clasp onto her shirts fabric.

She felt lost.

————————————————————
𝙈𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙢𝙨 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙙 , 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙪𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙞𝙨 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝
𝙃𝘼𝙃𝘼 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙎 𝙄𝙎 𝙎𝙃𝙊𝙍𝙏 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝘾𝙍𝙄𝙉𝙂𝙀 , 𝙔𝙀𝙎 , 𝙄 𝙆𝙉𝙊𝙒 
:/ 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙖 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙤𝙧 𝙫𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙤𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙗𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙤 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙝