CHAPTER TWO

A week has passed and Ross and Rachel have found a rhythm to their new life. Their home was almost done and it was nice and cozy, having both of their taste. It was really easy decorating the new house since they both adored the pottery barn. Ross has set up a small desk for his job by the window and that was totally his favorite corner of the new home. He could display up there as much from his dinosaur stuff as he wanted. On the other hand, Rachel's favorite corner of the new place was the small balcony. It wasn't big or anything special. But it was cute and she had decorated it with cute lights and plants and it could fit a small table with two comfortable chairs. That's where she liked spending most of her evenings... well when she didn't have movie nights with Ross. That has quickly become their thing, and here they were on a Wednesday night watching the way we were.

- Isn't that the most romantic movie ever? She said while holding back some tears

- It's a great one he said turning his head towards her.

- Have you ever experienced something like that? She asked curiously

- Like what?

- What Katie and Hubbell had.

- Can't be with someone because of my rebellious self? He laughed. Definitely not

- No she laughed. I mean... they shared a passionate relationship.

- Well, I don't know. I mean I've only been with Carol and she turned out to be a lesbian so?!

- Yes but before that? she asked again like a small kid asking questions

- I ... I don't think we were the passionate kind of couple. Everything came easy with her. Of course, there was love and excitement on my part, at least, but it was just two people really getting along?!

- I've never felt that she replied sadly. Like you know being with someone that drives you crazy. I mean in a good way. Someone you think about all day and can't wait to see and just I don't know.. laugh with someone like you're best friends but he can actually make your toes curl in bed. She said looking intensely at him

- He shifted uncomfortably and asked What about Barry?

- Ah Barry... there was love for sure but that's it. We've been used to be around each other. We didn't long for each other. It just happened. My family and his family go way back

- So it was planned?

- Kinda.. she shifted her position, turning completely towards him. That's why I'm seeing my current situation as an adventure. It's the first time in my life I don't know what's going to happen.

- And that doesn't scare you? He asked softly looking into her eyes.

- Not really. It's thrilling.

They gazed into each other's eyes for a few seconds. This was nice! That comfortable silence. They were building something there. Was it a friendship? Or just two people who really understood each other?!

- That's nice she said reading his mind

- Yeah it is.

- And I mean you're actually talking to me she laughed

- What?

- Well remember in high school, you used to be so awkward around me.

- Well you know

- Know what? She asked scrunching her nose.

- Well I had this huge crush on you and we were like the princess and the frog she laughed loudly at his comment.

- Hey Rach. It's not funny. I'm serious

- You were intimidated by me?

- Well of course! I wanted to make a good impression but well that didn't go as planned.

- Everything was simpler back then huh?

- Maybe.

- Well, I got to say I was wrong about you.

- Wrong about what? it was his turn to ask her in a curious tone

- You know I used to think of you as Monica's geeky older brother. But Ross, getting to know you and actually live with you right now. You're undeniably one of the greatest people I've ever met.

- He blushed. Really?

- Well yeah... we're living together, aren't we?

- I thought you didn't have much of a choice.

- True she laughed but I'm enjoying this. Plus, I've never had movie nights with anyone before and, and you teach me so many things.

- Even if you fall asleep half of the time?

- Even then she yawned.

- Ok maybe we should go to bed.

She raised an eyebrow

- Separately he mocked.

- I'm messing with you. Even though I think 15 years old Ross would be dying of excitement right now she said tickling his sides.

- Oh, trust me he would already be dead he paused as you will be in a minute. He started tickling her back until she couldn't breathe anymore.

- Stop. Stop. I give up! She laughed and got up to take the popcorn bowl and wine glasses into the sink.

- Hey Rach?

- Yeah.

- Can I ask something?

- Sure.

- How come you didn't go out on a date with Joey again?

- Well I think after the vomit incident none of us wanted to try again.

- Are you sure?

- Yes. I mean I was just star-tracked because he's on tv. It was really silly

- Ok, he replied. Good!

- Good? She curiously asked

- Yes. I mean I love Joey. He's one of my closest friends but I know him and he's not really a relationship guy so I would hate to see you hurt

- Well, as much as I love your interest I just got out of a marriage Ross. I'm not looking for a relationship. But apart from that let's just say me and Joey don't have much chemistry there. I'll be happy being friends with a famous actor she laughed, washing out the last glass.

- Hey, you washed everything on your own he said trying to change the topic.

- I did she proudly said.

Living with Rachel has been a dream and torture all at once. The two have grown really close and every day was a new experience. Rachel was a total sweetheart under all the "rich girl facade" and Ross was actually pretty fun and sweet guy to be around. They would watch movies, eat dinner and talk for many hours. That was their favorite part. When they would get to gossip and pour their hearts to each other. Who would have thought? But as fun, as it was, it was also torture for Ross. Living with Rachel and getting to know her for good this time, has made all his old feelings come back to the surface. There was no denying she was stunning as she used to be in his eyes, but getting to talk with her, laugh with her and witness her in her most vulnerable moments has caused damage in his heart. Plus, bumping into her right after she's taken a shower wasn't really helpful either... But he had to be careful. He didn't wanna scare her and lose what they've build together as roomates.

to be continued.