Chapter 4 ~

"Sooooo....." Jack said dragging his words,"ummm, do you, uh, remember-" he lowered his voice dramatically and checking the perimeters as if he was a spy "Oliver's surprise party?"

"Yeah, what about it?" I mumbled, tilting my head to the left in confusion.

"Umm, Yeah, about that, I kind of told Shane the secret??"

I raised my brow at him, so what if he told Shane? Jack, however, took it the wrong way, "I didn't mean it! I just couldn't contain myself! You understand right?" he whispered, his pitch heightening after each word. I stared at him incredulously trying to hold my laughter in, however, was met with failure when loud, guffaws escaped my mouth, I laughed and laughed until no sound escaped my mouth and tears were running down my face.

He looked at me like I was crazy which gave me all the more reason to laugh. He thought I'd get furious but instead... oh well... he sees a laughing girl turned buffalo...

"Sooooo... You're not mad at me?

"He asked confused. I continued chuckling and replied 'obviously not!' I mean I already told him myself yesterday!

When Jack was sure I wasn't mad he grinned and we began gossiping and laughing about the latest stories. We soon reached his house, which was completely empty. I attempted to teach him accounting but I think my head would friggin' explode!! He doesn't even know how to separate credit from effing debit! Soon I gave up and told him that I didn't care anymore and that he could go cry to his mama when he fails.

In the middle of massaging my head from getting these migraines I keep receiving from a certain someone *coughs* Jack *coughs* Alex called me informing me that she and Kathryn would be arriving soon.

I internally happy danced and told jack to go and invite Shane over as Shanes house was just a few blocks over so Jack left me and went to pick Shane up.

I was then alone in this room when I felt this certain urge to go to the toilet so I stood up and entered his connected bathroom.

I entered his bathroom. It was fairly clean for a boy's one actually..... I twirled around examining the toilet that is until I noticed a frame. There was a picture, actually two, that made my breath hitch. My eyes were as wide as saucers and my heart was beating erratically in my chest as I held up the frame. He was Jack! My Jack! This picture was our first selfie! The second was taken, on his tenth birthday.

I placed the frame down hiding the hurt inside me trying to act non-chalant, while taking in deep breaths. I then found an old piece of folded paper close to where the frame was placed before. And this paper..... It brought back a certain memory.

*Flashback*

"Babe? I made this for you and only you." I murmured softly as I placed the folded piece of paper in his hands gingerly.

He was about to open it when I interrupted him "Don't!" I said "Open it later when I'm gone." I placed my hands over his taking the note and placing it on the table top. I tiptoed and kissed him on the cheeks still holding his hands.

*End of flashback*

I held the paper smiling lightly at the memories it brought back. I read what was written on the paper, still smiling warmly when I heard the front door slam. I immediately folded the paper, kept it on its former place and ran back to my seat not forgetting to switch of the toilet lights. I sat on my seat quietly, acting like I did not do a thing, acting like I did not go to his toilet and lastly, did not find out he was my ex, who still loves me.

I heard footsteps ascending up the stairs, until the footsteps reached Jack's room. The door opened revealing jack smiling goofily "I'm back! With a bunch of people" he said holding his arms out and stepping back to reveal......... No one. I giggled, shaking my head. He turned around "oh" he sighed "Come on they are downstairs."