Counterfeit Love

Author's note :

Guys, my first WangXian AU fic 😊 hope you like it.

Let me know what you think - the more the votes and comments, the more I write 😍

——————————

"What did you just say?" Madam Yu glares at Jiang Cheng.

"It's true. I can't date anyone else because I'm already dating someone. So please stop setting me up on these blind dates" Jiang Cheng raises his voice for a second. One look from Madam Yu and he lowers his eyes again.

Jiang Yanli looks at her brother and then turns to Wei Ying, who averts his eyes suspiciously. She would have known if her brother was actually dating someone. She should have known.

"Please? I really like them and...and I'm sure you will like them too." Jiang Cheng continues, not daring to raise his voice or eyes this time.

"Who is this person? Do I know her or her family? I would like to meet her first before I approve." she demands.

"You know them and their family too. And I know you will like them." he assures her again.

"So? Who is it?" she asks again.

Just when Jiang Cheng is about to get up from the breakfast table to make the big announcement, Wei Ying grabs his hand urging him to stop whatever it is he has planned.

"You agreed to this." he bends down and whispers in Wei Ying's ear.

"But now is not the right time, we have guests." Wei Ying points to the Lans seated across the table.

"Enough with the whispers! You tell me right now or get ready to meet Wen Qing for dinner tonight."

"It's Wei Ying!" Jiang Cheng shouts before she can say anything more. "Wei Ying and I....we are dating. We have been together for a while now and we are serious about each other. We had to keep it a secret from you all...for you know...the obvious reasons." he says as a matter of fact.

Wei Ying's heart starts racing...facing the wrath of Madam Yu is one thing, he is more troubled of how Lan Zhan would react. His eyes shoot across the table searching for him, but Lan Zhan is not looking at him. He has his eyes lowered, paying no attention to the family drama unveiling in front of him. He doesn't seem to be disturbed by the news in any way, he is poised and calm as always, sipping the tea and ignoring Wei Ying as usual. Wei Ying is hurt by the lack of reaction, but it's not like he expected anything more from Lan Zhan.

On the other hand, Jiang Fengmian and Yanli are ecstatic. They raise to their feet instantly, pulling Wei Ying up along and embracing him and Jiang Cheng in a congratulatory hug.

"When did this happen? How long has this been going on? Why didn't you guys tell me? Who liked who first?" Yanli bombards them with questions and Jiang Fengmian is just too happy with his son's choice for a life partner. He stops to look at Madam Yu who still hasn't said a word.

At the sudden realization, they all turn towards her expecting her to yell.

After a painstakingly long minute, Madam Yu looks at Jiang Cheng. "If that's what makes you both happy! Excuse me, I need to make some calls to cancel tonight's plans." she says and exits the room leaving everyone in shock.

What just happened? This is not how it was supposed to go. Why is everyone happy about this? Wei Ying thinks while turning back to look at Lan Zhan again who has now moved from across the table and is standing right next to him.

"Congratulations, Wei Ying." Lan Zhan gives him a faint smile and leaves the room without even glancing at Jiang Cheng.

Wei Ying wants to follow Lan Zhan to explain the whole situation to him but is stopped when Lan Xichen and the rest start congratulating him and Jiang Cheng again.