Prismatic

Y/n POV
"Y/n! Do you wanna go get some boba, or something else? As I was saying mid-text. We haven't catched up in a while, and I think I need to tell you something..." Daniel leans on the locker next to mine.

"Sure! I have nothing else to do, and Sohee is out, with Jay. Plus, i'd love something to drink." I close the locker and look around the hallway, even though it's empty.

The weekend started good 30+ minutes ago, it's finally starting to get warmer and everyone's so excited for summer. Expect the part where we have finals and end of the year projects.

Not so surprisingly, I see no one familiar around. The day's been long, classes are just getting even more boring, and I haven't even studied for exams yet.

"How about that place across the street? It's walking distance, i've never been there too, and it's been open for ages" I start walking out the building, i'm dying to get out.

If only Daniel hadn't been texting me in class, we wouldn't have been forced to sit in the classroom. Sohee delightedly didn't wait for us. I get it though.

"Hmm, why not? I haven't been their either" He trails behind me.

Honestly, I don't understand why he wants to talk to me, alone. He always goes out with Sohee, with or without me.

We aren't the closest of friends, but we aren't strangers. As if we were cool when other people were around but when we're alone its just awkward, since we don't have much in common.

Our topics are always about school or some drama around school, so that pretty much sums our relationship. People always think we're super close, I heard someone say we were allegedly dating. For god's sake, even my own father thinks we have a chance.

"Y/n, I can trust you right? Not in a weird, creepy way. Just, can I trust you?" He asks, in a nervously tone.

"Of course, I know we aren't the closest, but you can always trust me." I slow down, and talk in a steady tone.

I wonder what he wants to talk about. It must be something he's nervous about, I don't assume he would say something he's worried about being judged by to someone close...

"Well, it's something that I don't think I can hide anymore... I really just want to talk about it to someone" He sighs and speeds up his pace.

"Why not Sohee? You guys are close friends, are you not? Did something happen" I say, having to catch up. Good thing is we're close enough that it won't be tiring.

"That's the thing. I don't want to tell her. I'm afraid of what she'll think, or do..." He stops, right next to the cream-colored chairs and tables outside of the small cafe. Like a dramatic pause you would see in a foreign drama, right before the credits role.

"Why say that? She wouldn't judge you. I don't think she would, at least. But if you think that, i'm all ears. You can tell me anything." I say, in a hush voice.

As much as I would love to help him, i'm not the best as expressing my support and or feelings. Not in an "oh my gosh i'm so different and emo" way, but in a "I want to help but i don't know how" way.

"You won't judge me right? I know some people would judge me, I don't think you're like that, are you?" He stutters and rambles, like me when i'm nervous.

"Okay, okay. Calm down Daniel, i'll go order for us and you put yourself together, okay?" I place my backpack on a table for two, outside.

"Okay... get me an a honeydew with pudding and regular boba... please." He sits down and strokes his freshly dyed, royal blue hair, in nervous-ness.