Not Yet

'Kitten, please. Please don't go. Just- Just let me explain, please' Kuroo pleaded, well aware that there was nothing he could say to change the blonde boy's mind. ''Explain?' What the fuck do you mean, 'explain'!?' Kenma snapped, hitting the ravenette's hand away before it could reach out to cup his cheek. 

He wouldn't let him touch him. He couldn't. He knew he'd melt into his touch like he always did, no matter how mad he was. This time he wouldn't- no -  couldn't  let him touch him. Not a hair. 

'Kenma, she means nothing to me. I love you. Only you. I swear. Please. Please.'  Tetsurou whimpered, managing to wrap Kenma's torso in his arms. Before he was able to grab the shorter male, though, Kenma managed to get a hold of a pair of scissors. Before he knew what was going on, the one guaranteed thing in life, to anyone and everyone, was cut away as if it were merely a stray hair falling from someone's head of hair.

                            s - n - i -  
                                                  - p

The red string was cut. Kenma didn't even know that was possible but thankfully it did. He stared at the scissors he'd been holding in horror, dropping them, then dropping to his knees. 

"Oh, my God." He whispered under his breath, feeling tears welling up in his eyes. He looked up at Kuroo, whispering sorries over and over and over. 

"Kenma..." 

"Tetsu... Tetsurou..." 

"Kenma, what did you just do...?" Kuroo's voice was soft, but Kenma was able to detect the slight hint of rage. Anger. Hatred. When the fake-blonde replied with silence, Kuroo snapped. 

"Kenma, what the FUCK did you just DO!?" 

"I cut the string, Kuroo, what does it look like!? I'm fucking tired of your infidelity. I'm tired of coming home to you looking sweaty and messy and our bed in dissaray. I found a used fucking condom the other day. You think I'm fucking stupid? I just haven't said anything in hopes you'd change. Hoping, praying that you'd stop this bullshit. But I'm sick of it now. Goodbye, Kuroo Tetsurou." 

And with that, Kenma was out the door.

Kuroo had been so pre-occupied with disposing of the evidence of his affairs that he hadn't even noticed a packed suitcase beneath Kenma's side of the bed. The suitcase was full of Kenma's clothes and gaming stuff. Kuroo had no idea half of Kenma's stuff was even in there until the day he left. But he 'forgot' the suitcase.

 Another thing he didn't even know existed  was a suicide note, resting inside Kenma's pillowcase. He didn't see it until it was too late, though. As he carefully read over the words, everything fell into place. All the way to the cutting of their string. 

Kenma cut it so Kuroo couldn't find him.

He packed a bag to throw him off. 

He wrote the note and hid it in a place Kenma knew he'd look. For something. Anything of Kenma's he could cling onto. What he found was awful. He knew it was awful. But he cherished seeing Kenma's handwriting. Seeing it for the last time. Re-reading it over and over. Tracing over each individual letter, aware of the tears that welled up every time he traced them. 

But that wouldn't change that he was gone. And that was that

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WC//; 556