Maid Chronicles

Maid Chronicles.

Chapter One

Screw my job. Screw men. Screw my life.

Excuse me, I wasn't always this pessimistic. A few days ago, I was a perfectly happy member of society. That is, until today. Until these rich jerk faces checked into my mother's hotel, threatening to shut the place down with bad reviews if they weren't pleased.

Where does this tie me in, you ask? Well, oh smart one, reread the last paragraph. My mother's hotel. That's not all; I'm actually the whole cause of the conflict.

It's because I threw water onto one of the heirs to a multi-billion dollar company.

Oh, I should probably explain a little. See, my mother owns Super Suites, a luxurious hotel. I, being her daughter Elizabeth, work at the hotel as a waitress. Or a maid. Or a concierge. I go where I'm needed. I've even substituted for the chef.

I was working as a waitress when this little situation started.

-----

'"Kevin," I called out, "My mom said we have some big customers tonight. She wants me to take the order!" I quickly tidied up my short, somewhat frizzy, light brown hair in the little mirror inside the kitchen, blinking my gray eyes in what I thought to be a darling manner. When I deemed myself presentable, I grabbed the little notepad.

"Alright," Kevin, my knight with silver hair (Don't tell him I called him that. He hates it.), "I'll let James know." He got up and walked towards the main cooking area.

"Tell Chen too!" I called after him, walking out the serving entrance towards the large table of customers.

It was a table full of men, all remarkably handsome in their own right. Twelve of them, a full dozen, sat around a rectangular table. Some of them, most of them in fact, just sat there looking absolutely miserable. There was one blonde boy who seemed to be singlehandedly holding up the conversation.

"Hello," I walk forward, "My name is Elizabeth Gram, and I'll be your server today. Would you like something to drink?"

"Meh," Two boys, who looked strikingly similar, grunted. The rest of the table remained silent, though the blonde boy was at least scanning the menu.

"Is that a yes or no?" I desperately wanted to frown, but forced that smile on my face.

Most of the table glared at me. What was their problem?

One of the red headed boys, there were two, said something, but I couldn't hear him.

"I'm sorry sir," I smiled politely, "I couldn't quite hear you. Would you please repeat that?"

He glared as if he wanted to murder me, "I said water for all of us. Try not to be quite so stupid."

I visibly twitched, gritting my teeth. I had to remember they were important people. I must not kill a valued customer. I must NOT kill a valued customer. I proceeded to ignore him, making my way to the kitchen.

"Twelve orders of water," I growled to James, who raised an eyebrow.

"Geez," he chuckled, filling the glasses, "What's got your panties in a bunch?"

"I hate rich kids," I grabbed the tray full of glasses, heading back to the table of snobs. I placed the tray on the table, sliding a glass in front of each young man. Only the blonde one thanked me.

"Hey stupid," the red haired one called out, "We're ready to order food."

A man with slicked back brown hair chuckled, "I think I'd rather order a lap dance. You think she's up for that?"