Chapter 2: THE LOST CUB

Rani was laying down in the den with Kion. Her neck was almost healed and Mangar has found a home in the tree of life. Evil still lurks around the tree of life and the group of lions now know they are up against the Roar Of the Elder's. 

Rani woke up from her sleep but kion insisted that that they keep sleeping. Rani put her head on Kion's and started purring. Kion started purring knowing that Rani was happy and the two both fell back to sleep.  

              A couple hours go by and Rani wakes up.  "Oh boy he really likes to sleep. I better let him" Rani thought to herself. Rani left the royal den. Rani headed out for a walk when she heard some noise in the bushes near by. Rani went to investigate when a little brown cub came out. He was injured and wanted to find a new family. " Hello there little one" Rani said  The cub didn't  say anything he just stood there looking at Rani. "My name is Queen Rani. Where are your parents?'" Rani said looking around. "My name is Joey and I ran away from home because my mom and dad would always beat me and they stopped feeding me a week ago" Joey said. Rani was heartbroken hearing this, then Rani thought of an Idea "well Joey i'm sorry why don't you follow me?" Rani asked Joey as she was heading to the tree of life. Joey felt safe with Rani. Rani and Joey entered the royal den and saw Kion sleeping on his back and leg's in the air. Rani laughed and went over to him "Hey Kion wake up" Rani said nuzzling  him. Kion Just moved a bit and then opened his eye's "hey what's up Rani? Is everything ok?" Kion asked. "Actually Kion I need to talk really quick" Rani Replied.   Kion sat up and looked and saw Joey and got really confused. "what's with him?" Kion asked. "that's why I wanted to talk to you. His name is Joey and he ran away from home because of his family was very abusive. They would beat him every day and they stopped feeding him a week ago. Kion I know that I said I didn't want to raise a cub after what happened to our cub but we can't let him be alone" Rani explained. Kion hearing how desperate she was he agreed to raise the cub. "Rani we wll take him in after all he may be the light we have been needing after our cub died" Kion told Rani.  "yeah but he will not replace the hole in my heart nothing will."  Rani said sadly  Kion went to rani and hugged her trying to comfort her. Rani calmed down and both Kion and Rani walked to Joey. " Hey Joey I'm King Kion. I see you already found my mate Queen Rani. I heard what your parent's did to you and i'm very sorry that they did that to you but your safe with us and we would like to adopt you if you would like." Kion said. Joey sat there and thought for awhile and he smiled " I would love for you to be my new mom and dad" Joey said hugging them. Rani and Kion Hugged him back.