Worst Place Ever

The next morning, my alarm clock woke me up for school. I was extra sluggish because I hated Monday's.

I don't know what I hate most about them. The actual place itself or the people that go there. Probably the people.

If people are either still giving me condolences about my sister or acting as if I don't exist. I'm not sure which treatment I like better.

I only have two friends; Jessy and Will. They're the only people who treat me like an actual person with feelings.

I walked to the bathroom and looked into the mirror. I shamefully looked away. I hated my appearance a lot.

I looked back anyway, brushing out my naturally straight hair that just laid there. I couldn't do anything with it.

I never did my hair for school, because it was already done. I guess that's good because I can sleep in.

I don't wear much makeup either. Sometimes I'll wear a little mascara just to boost my confidence, but sometimes I just don't care.

Today I didn't want to look dead, so I threw on a little mascara. Then, I changed into a hoodie with dark blue jeans. To top off my look, I put on some converse.

I never dressed up for school, or for anything. The first and last time I wore a dress was Sara's funeral.

I ran downstairs, grabbing my backpack along the way. I grabbed a cereal bar out of the cupboard and sat down.

My dad came down the stairs, which shocked me. "Hi, dad."

He waved, too busy playing on his phone. Yeah, he hates me.

I watched him walk away and into the kitchen. I sighed, leaning my head back. I miss when me and my dad were close. I don't think I'll ever get that back.

The next thing I knew, I arrived at school. Yuck. I saw Will and caught up with him.

"Hey, Will."

"Hiya, 'Chelly." He had a wide grin, that fit his face perfectly. His dark blue eyes went perfect with his brown hair that was always spiked up. I won't admit it, but I kind of have a crush on him.

"When will you stop calling me that?"

"Hm, never!" He laughed, making me stare. He's so perfect. Too bad he'll never like me.

I went to homeroom, where I had no friends. I was playing on my phone, when a teacher called me into the hall.

It was my favorite teacher, Mr. Dilark. "Hi, Michelle. I need to talk to you about your grades."

Uh-oh. I knew my grades were bad, and now someone had to tell me them. "Uh, okay.."

"You have C's and D's in all of your classes. And, I want to help you. I'm going to sign you up for a tutor."

"No.. Please. I'll get my grades back up, I promise." I really didn't want a tutor.

"I'm afraid I have to get you one. I want you to pass, Michelle. Come to my room first thing tomorrow to find out who your tutor is." I watched him walk away, feeling anger inside of me.

Who was he to decide what I wanted to do? I don't want a tutor! It's already bad enough that I see people here every day, and now I have to see some brainiac even more? Kill me now.