7: The Bat Cave

"So uh, are you going to blindfold me and shove me in your car or something?" I asked him.

"No. I'm going to ask you to put your hand on my shoulder for about ten seconds." He answered.

I did as he said, and he pressed some buttons on a remote in his belt. He finished, and suddenly we were standing in a cave. Wait, Batman has a teleporter?

"Uh, if you've got a teleporter and a bajillion side kicks, why haven't you caught me yet?" I asked.

"Because I want to offer you a job." The man said, sitting in a chair in front of a massive computer.

"What kind of job?" I asked.

"Simple. Join Batman Inc. Maybe if you do good enough, you can join the Justice League." He offered.

"Um, what are the benefits for that?" I asked.

"Well, depends on how much you want it to affect your lifestyle. If you want a minimal amount of change I'll just pay for anything you steal, which hopefully isn't too often. However full benefits would be a job for my company, access to tech and equipment that can help you, and let's see....how does a million dollars a month sound to you?" He explained, completely serious.

"Where do I sign, boss?" I asked, grinning.

He took off his mask, revealing Bruce Wayne.

"I'll send a contract to you later. Do you think you can make your costume fit the theme I've got going on here? Just to make the bad guys even more worried about Batman Inc." He asked.

I changed into my costume, and turned around, pointing to the symbol on my back. It changed from the Orange Lantern logo, to a black bat with an orange lantern symbol inside it.

The symbol on my chest changed too, and I formed a full helmet that covers my face.

"How do you feel about this?" I asked.

The billionaire rubbed his chin, circling me.

"Hmmm.....ditch the helmet. Kind of throws the whole look, y'know?" He said.

I changed it back to the simple mask, and he gave me a thumbs up. He gave me a tour of the Bat Cave, and even let me have some....souvenirs. We were waiting for the rest of Batman Inc. to get back from their patrols, when an alarm sounded.

"Master Wayne, that glorified luchador is being a pest again." A female voice spoke up over a communication network.

"Thank you, Mrs. Pennyworth." He said, before turning the radio off.

"Did you say Pennyworth? Like Alfred Pennyworth?" I asked.

"Yeah, did you know him?" He asked.

"Did I know him!? Everybody in the underworld does! Dude's a legend!"

"Huh, why didn't I hear about it? He raised me." He said.

"REALLY!? CAN I MEET HIM!?" I asked, practically jumping out of my seat.

"So you haven't heard about that. Recently Batman Inc. lost Alfred in an attack on Wayne Enterprise. Mrs. Pennyworth is his daughter." He explained.

"O-oh, I'm so sorry. That was around the time you started using that stuff Scarecrow made, right? That explains a lot actually." I said.

"Exactly. Anyway, how would you like a raise?" He asked.

"You know who you're talking to, right?" I asked in return, earning a chuckle.

"Alright then. Want to deal with a former employer of yours?" He asked.

"Oh yes please. Guessing who you're talking about, I'd do it for free."