𝓜𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀𝓼 𝓫𝓮𝓼𝓽

"I am still not yet accustomed to the cold floor" my brain cries at me, trying to get me back to bed. It was late, everybody was asleep. Nobody was around, I was at peace. I check my clock for the millionth time, in fear for it to strike 12. It was a relief for it not to have arrived yet, I don't want to grow up anymore. Pacing back and forth, fiddling with my fingers, I doze off  for a short while, daydreaming of what my life would be in independence. I was snapped back to reality from the clock singing to me, warning me it struck midnight. I head back to the clock. It's alert was loud, and it startled me. I walk to the clock and look down to the floor. Remembering how much easier it was as a child. " Happy Birthday to me... Happy birthday to me," I sang to myself with a quiet and unstable voice, clenching back tears. It was difficult to let out any words, especially singing them. It was one of the very few songs I knew from my childhood. My birthdays used to always be celebrated... but ever since I turned 14.. it was ignored. Though they still remember when my birthday is, it's not treated the same anymore. Now I have to act and talk like a princess. I have to be a princess with no room to be myself. I can't always hold back, I do lash out a couple times.

I tippy-toe to my bed to calm myself down. Why am I being compelled into marriage? Doesn't my mother understand that that is a crucial part of my life? I should be able to be in control of that! I should be able to choose who can carry that important role...  for the rest of my life. I scoff. I start to worry, would there even be any men interested in marrying me for me? Not for being a stupid little princess. My prosperity and royalty represent me in everyone else's eyes. They don't even know the true me. All because I have to just sit there and look pretty. Perhaps mother knows best for me, at least hopefully. My sight goes blurry as my eyes close. My body began to shut down. I slowly fall asleep.

I was woken up by the yells of my mother, scolding me for sleeping in after 7. I open my eyes to the sight of my mother standing by the doorway, waiting for me to get up. I felt threatened by her presence, so when I gained complete conscience, I sat up.  A smile formed upon her face. "I can't wait, " she grinned, with excitement shining on her face. My stomach dropped, I completely forgot about it. " yea..." I said with a nervous smile.. She walked away with a slight chuckle. Fear strikes me, as if a balloon is inflating in my stomach. I hold back tears, telling myself to suck it up. Then as usual, I go through my daily routine. Makeover, get my nails done, get my hair done, and lastly...sigh...  a Wedding dress. They measure me, and then get to picking pieces of the dress, and then putting them together. I ended up in a huge pink ballgown. The color of a sophie rose, with what they call a sweetheart neckline, a fancy corset top, each step dragging the hem, and a huge puff of a skirt. I couldn't bear to look at the dress, knowing what it was for. Reminding me of my misfortune.
I was urged to look up at the mirror, the stunning ballgown leaving me in shock from astonishment. All distress was gone from my mind, all I could focus on was the dress. " It's wonderful " I cheered out in enthusiasm. This was the most delighted I have been in years.

Abruptly a voice called, " Princess Bellatrix ". I was nudged to the door by my mother. I stood face to face with my matchmaker, standing there with an exaggerated, phony, awkward smile. Trying to keep my eye contact locked. I was then hauled by the matchmaker into the hallway, as I glanced back at my mom with tears in my eyes, silently begging her to not let this happen. Yet she just stands there... with that stupid smirk on her expression. As she was getting further and further I turned around and I got pulled into a room I didn't recognize.