Masterplan - 1

“I've got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson.” Stilinski muttered, jotting things down on his notepad.

“I've got an APB out on Stiles. His Jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means…” 
He paused and stopped talking, looking down in defeat.

“The hell, I don't know what that means. Um, look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if either one of you see him--” 

Isaac nodded gently, “We'll call you.” 
Scott nodded. “Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him.” 

“Yeah... I'll see you, okay?”

I looked around the locker room, there were still to many people inside to get into Stiles locker. He was missing, like Stilinski said his jeep was in the lot, which means he was taken. Gerard wasn't anywhere in sight, which means it had to be him.

“McCall…” said Coach, approaching as soon as Stilinski left. “We need you on the team, okay? You know I can't put you on the field next season if you don't get your grades up.” 

Scott nodded sheepishly, “Yeah, I know, Coach.” 

Coach nodded, “All right. I mean, I-I know I yell a lot, but it's not like I hate you guys.” 

Is the coach being sensitive? 

“Well, I kind of hate Greenberg, but, you know...that's different. It's Greenberg! I'm just saying, we-- I-- need you on the team. Get your grades back up.” 

Scott nodded, “I will.” 

“I know.” 

I took a breath as Coach left and dug my claws into my palms. “Is that everyone?” 

Isaac nodded, taking a quick look around at the locker room. “I think so…” 

I took the ‘I think so’ as a yes and punched Stiles' locked door leaving a dent and then ripped open Stiles' locker, quick and with some anger. Dammit. He wouldn’t even be gone if I had been there when the buzzer sounded. 

“You're gonna find him by scent?” Isaac questioned. 

I nodded as I pulled out two of Stiles' shirts and a shoe and handed them over. “We all are.” 

Isaac frowned at the shoe and pointed at us, “But how come you get his shirt, and I get a shoe?” 

Before I respond I smelled my parents in the room. Mom and Dad?

I turned around when I noticed three familiar scents in the room and saw both Derek, my dad and my mom standing there. Oh dear god. 

I stuffed Stiles' shirt back inside his locker and chuckled at my family standing there.

“You know what I don’t like about our family?" I said to them. "When they appear out of nowhere and stand like a bunch of statues in front of people.” 

My mom sighed ignoring my comment. "We need to talk.” 

I gasped when Peter, Peter! Came out from behind the lockers behind them.

“All of us.” 

Scott gasped alongside me, “Holy shit!” 

“I knew it!” I yelled, jumping a tiny bit.

“I knew you were hiding something! What the hell is this???” I questioned out loud as I just stared at Peter. How in the hell is he alive? We literally watched Derek slash his throat and Stiles and Jackson set him on fire!

“You know, I thought the same thing when I saw Scott talking to Gerard at the Sheriff's station.” Derek replied patronizingly. 

“Okay, hold on!” Scott said appalled.

“He-he threatened to kill my mom! And I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?” 

“I'm gonna go with Scott on this one.” Peter spoke out loud. “Have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous!” 

Derek, my mom, my dad, Scott and I all turned to look at him and simultaneously yelled, “Shut up!” 

“Who is he?” Isaac quietly asked me. 

“My mom's brother, mine and Derek's uncle." I cross my arms and scowled at Peter. "A little while back, he tried to kill us all, and then we set him on fire, and Derek slashed his throat.” 

Peter waved. “Hi.” 

“That's good to know.” 

I inhaled deeply, getting sick of this talking. Stiles is out there somewhere, probably getting tortured by Gerard and if he gets hurt I am going to lose it.

“Okay can we cut the small talk and can someone just please tell me what he’s doing here?”

“Look, the short version is he knows how to stop Jackson." Dad explained. "and maybe how to save him.”

“Well, that's very helpful,” Isaac said with sarcasm. “except Jackson's dead.” 

My family's eyes all went wide with confusion. “What?” 

Scott nodded. “Yeah, Jackson's dead. It just happened on the field.” 

Peter looked down in thought and both Derek and my parents turned to look at him. I didn't like that look. “Okay I’ve been in this family long enough to know that look." I wait for them to say what it was. "What is it?” 

“Because if Jackson is dead, it didn't just happen--" Peter told us. "Gerard wanted it to happen.”

“But why?” My mom asked her brother. 

“Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out. And something tells me the window of opportunity is closing. Quickly.”