12.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬NEW STUDENTS

❝ i'm joking. it sucks. ❞

        JOHNNY HAD BEEN ADVERTISING trying to get new students, but he wasn't ready for what was about to happen. Turns out, the best advertisement they got was Miguel and Caspia beating the shit out of Kyler and his friends. When Johnny showed up to the dojo, there were dozens of kids outside the dojo and he saw Miguel and Caspia proudly smiling at him in front of the door. "Looks like we're in business."

Johnny let everyone inside. Johnny, Caspia and Miguel got changed into their gis. Aisha had gotten one too and it was identical to Caspia's, minus the custom made part. Caspia was lucky that she still had her old black belt, so she wore that. Aisha and Miguel also had black belts, but they weren't quite at her level yet. It was more just for the look of it. Miguel was practicing punches with Aisha up front while Caspia was talking to Eli and Demetri in the middle. Yup, she actually convinced them to come. Eli was easy to convince, the hard part was Demetri.

"Why did I let you two talk me into this? This goes against everything I stand for. It's like extra gym class for no reason." Caspia rolled her eyes at Demetri and Eli spoke up in his usual quiet tone. "Let's just give it a chance. You saw the fight. Miguel and Cass kicked ass."

"Thank you, Eli. Come on, Demetri. Don't you wanna kick ass like me? I'm basically a mini Chuck Norris." Demetri gave her a 'really' look. "Okay, I'm not that good, but you have to admit, I look hot in a gi."

Eli blushed and looked at the ground. Demetri just rolled his eyes. Suddenly, Johnny's voice rang through the dojo. "Quiet!"

The chattering instantly stopped. "Face front."

That's what everyone did. "Reaper, get your ass up here."

"Yes, sensei." Caspia walked up to the front and stood next to Aisha. The three students in gis all had their hands behind their backs and standing tall while everyone else was standing like normal human beings. Johnny started walking through the crowd of teenagers and a few kids. He stopped by Demetri who was wearing a pi shirt. "Nice shirt."

"Thanks."

"I'm joking. It sucks." Caspia tried to stop herself from laughing. She let a tiny smile break out. Johnny kept circling around. "Word of advice: If you got shit for teeth, don't smile."

He came to another kid. "My god, makes me feel like a virgin just looking at you."

Johnny made his way back to the front. "When I look around this dojo, I don't see Cobra Kai material. I see losers. I see nerds."

Caspia and Miguel shared a look of 'dear god'. "I see a fat kid with a funny hat with his tits popping out. But in my short time as a sensei, I've also seen some miracles."

Aisha, Miguel and Caspia smiled at Johnny, knowing he was talking about them. "So maybe there's some hope for you yet. First, I need to know where your at. So everybody, fall in!"

Literally nobody moved. "That means line up."

Everyone started to line up behind Aisha, Miguel and Caspia. "No, not-not line up in a line. Lines. Get in lines."

"You mean like rows?" Johnny rubbed his face in frustration. This was going to be a long process. Everyone lined up in rows. Johnny started walking up and down the rows.

"Fighting positions!" Everyone did exactly as they were told. Aisha, Miguel and Caspia had proper fighting positions and everyone else was a little more sloppy.

"Jab punch!" A few people went, but they weren't supposed to yet. "Nope, wait till I say go. Hiya!"

Every time he'd say that word, people would jab punch. He started going around correcting people. "Come on, you want to stand straight. Plant your feet there. You sure you're right handed. Come on, tits, you can do better than that. You got weight, use it."

Caspia rolled her eyes at the nicknames. She really hated the nicknames he was giving these kids, but she knew better than to speak up about it right now.

"Hey Lip." That one hit her hard.

"Yeah, you. The one with the freaky lip. Who do you think I'm talking to?" That nickname made her want to punch him. Caspia hated the nicknames for everyone, but Eli was one of her closest friends and not to mention, the guys she likes. She was about to tell Johnny to knock it off, but Demetri spoke up first. "Excuse me, Mr. Lawrence."

"Sensei Lawrence." Aisha said. Caspia sighed. Now was really not the time to respect Johnny. "Okay. You really shouldn't make fun of someone's physical appearance."

"Oh, is that so? So I'm not supposed to mention his lip at all?" Eli was clearly getting uncomfortable and Caspia really just wanted to run up and give him a hug, but clearly she couldn't. "Well, yeah."

"Yeah, maybe that's what they teach you in school, but in the real world you can't expect people to do what they're supposed to do. Right? You hear that, Lip? If you can't handle someone making fun of you, how are you gonna handle an elbow to the teeth?"

"By calling the police." Miguel quietly said, "Dude, knock it off."

"What? He does realize the Nazis lost the war, right? Why should I be scared of him? Because he's got a snake on his wall? It's not like he's a teacher who can give us a bad grade. We're paying him. He works for us." Caspia then spoke quieter. "Demetri, stop talking."

"Why? It's not like he can actually hurt us." Miguel and Caspia both mumbled at the same time, "Oh shit."

Johnny walked up to Demetri and the trained teenagers could tell that he was about to make an example out of Demetri. "You done?"

"What?"

"Hit me. Go ahead. Hit me. Strike me right here." Johnny pointed at his face. Demetri was hesitant, but he attempted to punch Johnny who just blocked it.

"Harder." Demetri sighed and tried again. Johnny blocked him again.

"Is that all you got, princess?" Demetri didn't hesitate this time. He went straight for the punch, but Johnny flipped him over on his back. "Let that be a lesson to all of you."

For the rest of the class, Johnny kept seeing how things would go with these new kids while Aisha, Miguel and Caspia stayed off to the side, training on their own. Johnny called over Caspia to the front. Caspia walked over and bowed to Johnny.

"Alright, I just want you to show them a good old fashion spar." Caspia nodded and got into a fighting position. Caspia striked first. She tried to kick Johnny, but he hit her leg away. Caspia tried punching him too, but Johnny would just block them.

"Come on! You're better than this! Channel your anger!" Caspia thought about Johnny calling Eli, Lip. That was enough. Caspia jumped up and hit Johnny with a spin kick. He got knocked to the ground and he got back up immediately. They bowed to each other and Johnny tapped her shoulder. "Go practice your balancing."

Johnny started explaining how sparring worked and what it was and the way you should start one while Caspia started her balancing training. She had gotten a lot better at it. Eli couldn't help but steal glances at Caspia every once in awhile. This was truly where Caspia belonged. Karate was her calling.

◦✿◦⸺⸺⸺⸺◦✿◦