He's Your Best Friend

Calum:

You were lying on your bed scrolling through your tumblr when you felt someone poke your sides. You turned around and saw Calum, your best friend, looking up at you.

He put his head in your lap and pouted, “Stop being antisocial and do something with me.”

You rolled your eyes playfully, “Well what do you want to do, then?” you asked him. He picked up your phone and stared to search through all of your texts and social media.

You quickly grabbed it back and glared at him, “No, don’t steal my phone,” You said, pretending to be angry with him. He smiled and innocently stared into your eyes.

You were suddenly very aware of how small the space was between you. It was weird because you’d never felt self-conscious around Calum, but you were finding yourself blushing. His eyes darted down towards your lips and without you even realising it you’d both starting to lean in and soon your lips had connected with his. The kiss was slow and sweet, but Calum pulled away from you quickly.

“I’m sorry Y/N,” he refused to look you in the eye, “I didn’t mean to kiss you. It’s just I’ve liked you for ages now, but I didn’t want to ruin our friendship. Can we just forget-,”

You cut Calum off by putting a finger on his lips, “Calum,” you smiled, pressing your forehead against his, “It’s okay, I like you too.” He smiled at you and you pecked him on the lips again

You both smiled at each other. There was a moments silence before Calum spoke up, “So, why didn’t you want me to see your phone?” he smirked. Your mouth dropped as you saw him dangling the phone in front of your face.

Michael:

“Stop cheating Michael Gordon Clifford!” You screamed as your best friend continued to sit on top of you and block your view of the television screen. You were playing video games with Michael and as usual the two of you had gotten very competitive. You had been beating him until he decided it would be a good idea to annoy you and lie on top of you.

“This isn’t cheating Y/N,” Michael explained.

“Well then what is it?” you asked sarcastically.

“It’s called winning,” he smirked at you as he finally beat you. You groaned and flopped back on the sofa. Michael pulled himself on top of you and smiled down at you. You’d had a crush on Michael for a while now, but you’d never let yourself act on it in case you ruined your friendship. However, it was times like this when it was hard to stop yourself from saying something.

You pushed Michael off you and sat up, “Do you want to play another game?” you asked him, trying to hide the disappointment in your voice. It wasn’t his fault that he didn’t return your feelings.

Michael, however, picked up on the fact that there was something wrong, “What’s the matter Y/N?” he asked, concern lacing his voice.

“Nothing,” you tried to give him a convincing smile, but failed miserably.

He placed his fingers under your chin and gently forced you to look him in the eyes, “Come on, we’re best friends. You can tell me everything.”

You stared into his eyes and then glanced down at his lips. ‘What the hell,’ you thought, before crashing your lips onto his. You’d caught him by surprise, but he soon responded and started kissing you back. He moved his hand from under your chin and onto your waist, and you tangled your hand in his hair. Once you pulled away, you were both out of breath.

“Sorry-,” you started, but you were cut off by a pair of lips on your own.

Ashton: