one

She was dreaming again. Dreaming about those 600 years she spent locked in a prison unlike any other. Dreaming of the darkness, of being lost in thought, having no perception of time. In some ways, her time spent in that void between space and time went by in the blink of an eye. But some nights, she can remember all 18,921,600,000 seconds.

Chrysanthemum Clairvaught woke up as soon as the sun rose. She was covered in sweat and shaken from her dreams. As she looked around she had to pinch herself to realize where she was. She was home. Well, the small cottage she stored all of her supplies and books in can't be considered much of a home, she only spends three nights a year there.

The cottage tucked deep in the woods of the Day Court was dusty and outdated. The wards she set around it tended to make the air claustrophobic and the changing seasons pissed her off more than she had expected. Most of all, the Day Court, nor any other court, could ever be Chrysa's home. She spent the first eighteen years of her life in the Autumn Court, her home is there, or at least it used to be.

When Chrysa was dropped back into the Winter Court 600 years after the worst day of her life, she had next to nothing. Her family and friends were all dead, she was warded from her home and she didn't have a clue what to do. All she had were the clothes and weapons she was carrying on her trip and piece of paper, tucked into her fist. How it had got there, 54 years later and she still didn't know. She simply read the directions written on it, followed them to the cottage she now resided in and decided to keep living. 

Now she had to get up, and leave her make shift home. 

The floorboards creaked as Chrysa got out of bed. She didn't even bother to look in the mirror before changing her clothes and leaving, she knew what she would see. The same individual that most high fae would call disgusting or low. Her whole life, Chrysa was made fun of for her breed, part Night Court, part Autumn Court and part Winter Court. From the Night Court she gained her Illyrian wings and daemati powers. The Winter Court allowed her to control ice. And the Autumn Court, that made her a witch. Chrysa was a Clairvaught witch, the only coven not limited to one form of witchcraft. 

None of that mattered though, the Clairvaught witches were dead and Chrysa needed to move on. So she walked out the door of her little cottage, glamoured her wings away, and winnowed to the capital 20 miles North. She tried to stay out of the Day Court capital, it was where she got the dispatch mission for the Night Court's healer. Posters were all over the city describing an Illyrian woman who was wanted for murder. The description was terrible only because the Inner Circle of the Night Court was merely able to see her fly away before she winnowed to her next location. If they had gotten a closer look the poster would describe an Illyrian female with grey eyes, curly brown hair, around 5'11", well built and a streak of white hair growing on the left side of her head. 

Who knows if she'll ever be found by them, it doesn't matter much though. Chrysa would rather be tortured for the rest of her life than be forced to face her reality. 

Chrysa winnowed into an alleyway on the outskirts of the capital, only a few blocks away from where she would most likely find her next dispatch contract. Money was tight, any money not spent on food or travel expenses goes into her weapons fund. At the moment, Chrysa was saving for a new pair of boots. 

Pulling her hood over her face, Chrysa walked through the winter rain to a tavern known most commonly as The Queens Mistress. 

It took Chrysa 20 minutes to find a new dispatch, this one payed good. The only downside was that she would have to winnow directly into Illyria, to kill a general.

A/N

Hey there I hope you like this so far. More will be explained in my next post so if you are confused don't worry. Leave any questions in the comments <3 Also this is set about 100 years after ACOSF, to make everyone's life easier let me just mention that Elain now lives in the spring court and minds her own business, Gwyn moved to a temple in the Winter court to rebuild it and is in a happy relationship. But fyi I totally ship Gwynriel