Under Your Watchful Gaze

A/N: just thought of this idea for a book, soooo, here it is! Enjoy!(:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1:

Sydney's P.O.V.

"Mom! How could you?!" I screamed as I gripped my hair in my hands and pulled on it.

"I'm sorry that I have to do this honey but I just don't think you are stable enough to be here on your own." My mom said cowering slightly in her chair across from me at the dining room table.

I dropped my hands and glared at her. "Not stable enough? What is that even supposed to mean?! I'm 18 mom I can handle myself!" I screamed while getting up and leaving the dining room. Surprisingly enough my mom followed me.

"Sydney he's a nice young man. I met him and I have had a few chats with him, I'll think you'll get along quite nicely." I turned to see her smiling to herself. "You might actually find yourself liking him, he's just slightly older than you."

"Mom I don't need you to be Cupid for me! I have a boyfriend you know!" I said while putting my hands on my hips.

"Sydney, please lower your voice. And you do? Well I didn't know, I'm sorry. What's his name?" She asked while trying to spark up a new conversation and distract me.

"Mom, just stop please. I have a headache and I just got the worst news possible." I said while pinching the bridge of my nose.

"I'm sorry. At least let me know what his name is, I want to at least be part of your life." She said with a sad hint in her voice.

My heart broke hearing the last part of that. "His name is Sam." I whispered while turning around and trying to stop the tears from coming.

My mom chuckled lightly. "Isn't that funny? Your initials spell Sam. Sydney Ann Marie. You have such a beautiful name, you know that right?" She asked while putting a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Yes mom. Thanks. I need to get a shower, maybe it will help my headache. We'll talk later ok mom?" I replied in a shaky voice.

"Ok sweety. Oh, did I forget to mention that the babysitter will be by later to introduce himself? He'll be here no later than 6. Please try and play nice." My mom said before I heard her walk away.

I chuckled. "Will do mom." I replied before walking upstairs.

~~~

After I stepped out of the shower I wrapped the towel around my body and looked in the mirror. My skin is already tan and I haven't even been outside recently. My skin tans naturally as the seasons change.

I grabbed my brush and attempted to control my mess of hair on my head. I have long naturally brunette hair that has dip-dyed blonde ends, a hair style called Ombré. I have chocolatey brown eyes that change color based on my mood. I'm relatively tall, 5 feet 6 inches tall to be exact. My body is skinny with curves, pretty natural for girls my age.

I put on my undergarments and walked into my room. I walked pass my full body mirror and looked at myself. I should probably head to the gym tomorrow. I walked into my walk-in closet and looked at my clothes. I settled for white ripped skinny jeans and a teal tank top with a white music note on it. I pulled on my clothes and grabbed a white beanie from my closet.

I headed into my bathroom that's attached to my bedroom and dried my hair. After about half an hour I had successfully dried my mid-back length hair and I put my white beanie on my hair and smirked at myself in the mirror. I look pretty good.