Prologue: Slowly Falling

I'm an awful wolf. I just know it. I can't believe I did what I did. To her. To my beautiful daughter Atasha. She's my everything, yet I told her she was nothing. Without her, I'd be falling, yet I tell her I'm already down and broken because of her.

I'm an awful father. That seems to be more accurate. I love her so much, but what do I say? I tell her I hate her, that she's let me down ever since I first laid eyes upon her. I've not only brought her down myself, but I've lied to her for years upon years. I've only let myself down in the long run.

I can't really see why I did it either. Maybe it was because I wanted her to be something better than myself. I wanted her to become a great wolf, lead others on, and in order to do that I thought that I had to ignite that spark. Had to give her the drive to be something better, even if it meant harming her in ways that are... unacceptable.

She's screaming at me right now. Can't blame her for it either. I can't hear the words, but they hurt anyways. They hurt because I can guess pretty well what they mean. They're words meant to put bullets in my heart; words meant to make me feel worse than I already feel.

There's a cliff in front of me. I'm walking towards it, and she can't even notice. It could be the tears clouding her vision, it could be because she wants me to keep on getting closer. Get closer to doing the one thing that will make her smile for the first time ever. Smile because of me for once.

Her life must've been awful with me around. Always saying she's disappointed me, ignoring her great feats that begged to be noticed by my eyes. I've been downright, well, awful to the one thing that matters the most to me in my life. How funny.

I'm at the edge right now. I can see the hungry waves below lapping at the the very land I stand upon now, whining as they wonder why I haven't jumped into them yet. Don't worry, I'll be in them soon, Atasha, my daughter. Don't worry anymore... because of me...

Miyanna, my mate, hates me too. I always favored my son, Aeris, who is just as extraordinary as Atasha. I don't know why I favored him either... could've ignored them both, pushed Aeris on to... But I guess I just lied. Atasha is more extraordinary to me.

Anyways, Miyanna didn't always hate me. But every since that day when I, well, actually told Atasha that she should go run off and stop making me wonder why I ever had pups, Miyanna has always given me that look. That look that wondered why. Why I was the way I was. Why I was ever dumb enough to say such things to a wonderful, bright, amazing pup such as Atasha. The look that wondered why Sky Pack hadn't made me drop down and die yet.

I can't say I couldn't agree with that look either. It spoke the truth.

Why aren't I dead yet?

Well, at least, I'll be dead soon.

Another step.

I'm falling.

Looks like my lies became a bit more true.

She's screaming at me again, Atasha.

But this time, it' because she's scared.

Scared of me dying.

Atasha, stop. This is meant to be. I' an awful, dirty, so-called "wolf", who needs this. Let the hungry ocean feed. It wants my flesh, and I'm willing giving it to them. The starving waves need it now.

Water. It's all around me. I'm drowning in a sea. A bitter sea of regrets. Atasha is reaching out for me. I wont accept her paw though. I'm slowly drifting away, wave after wave... and I'm not fighting it.

May Sky Pack forever be with you, Atasha.

You're gonna go far, kid.

You'll go far...

Goodbye, my love.

Forgive me.

Forgive me for doing what I precieved I must.

I'm so sorry...

I'm so...