Prologue: Once Upon a Straw Hat.

Once upon a time, there lived a lovely young princess named Snow White. Kind, gentle and caring to all creatures, Snow White was loved by all...all except for her wicked stepmother, Queen Grimhilde. Vain and selfish, Grimhilde lived in fear that one day Snow White's beauty would surpass her own. So, to prevent this, the queen dressed the young princess in rags and forced her to work as a scullery maid.

One day, a group of travelers known as the Straw Hats appeared at the castle of the queen. Fearing that had come to pay tribute to Snow White, she had them arrested and brought before her to past judgement. Before a punishment was passed, the travelers bartered with the queen to spare their lives. In a rare act of mercy, the queen spared them, under the condition that they must work as servants in her castle, until such a time she release them. Since then the Straw Hats had befriended Snow White and have been the best of friends ever since.

Each day, Grimhilde consulted her magic mirror; an ancient and mystical artifact that sees and knows all, and speaks these words;

"Magic Mirror on the Wall,

Who is the fairest one of all?"

And as long as the Mirror answered, "You are the fairest one of all", Snow White was safe from the Queen's cruel jealousy...until one day.