The Beginning

BOMP BOMP BOMP!
My alarm blares from the speaker by my bed. Another day. Great. I hesitantly sit up, wiping the sleep from my eyes and yawning.

I walk into the bathroom with the infamous sleepy walk flipping on the light switch. Good god, my bed head is awful. I must have slept good last night.

I scrape along to my shower, turning on the water. Nice, boiling hot. I don't understand cold showers. You get no satisfaction.

When I get out of the shower I look at my phone's clock. 7:00?!? School starts in 30 minutes! I throw on some skinny jeans, Uggs, and a comfy sweatshirt. The classic white girl look. As I run down stairs my mom starts hollering.

"Casey! How many times do I have to tell you? Wake up earlier or take shorter showers!" The same lecture as all of my late mornings.

"I'm sorry mom," I say grabbing a piece of peanut-butter toast and running out the door.

Luckily, I'm a fast runner so I get to the bus stop as soon as Larissa, my bus driver arrives.

"Morning Casey, wake up late again?" She asks with a smirk.
"Yes ma'am I did," I say returning her smirk.

I walk back to my assign seat, all the way in the back. Sadly, I'm the second one on the bus. I pop my earbuds in and wait for my friend Ashley to get on.

When Ash gets on apparently I was singing out loud. She starts singing along
"BANG BANG! In to the room!"
"I know you want it!"
"BANG BANG! There goes yo heart!"
"I let you have it!"
"Could you stop? You sound awful!" The snobbiest girl in my school. Lauren Backstrom. Me and Ash gave her the clever nickname "Whoren Dickstroke."

"You guys are honestly so ridiculous," she says with her annoying voice.
"And you are honestly so slutty," I reply imitating her valley-girl voice. All she does is scoff.

Once we arrive to school, Ashley and I find the rest of our friends, John and James. We are just a group of four and usually keep it that way. We all have more friends, but we are each others mains.
"So in P.E. the boys and girls are in the gym together for the rest of the year," James says. We have the same gym hour.
"Oh yeah, that means we'll be out side," I say rolling my eyes. We live in Santa Monica. Always hot but nice to occasionally go to the beach.
"Have you heard the rumors?" John says out of the blue.
"Which ones?" There are plenty of rumors here at school.
"There is a supposed virus type sickness that escaped a lab upstate," he says raising his eyebrows," some flesh eating thing."
"Oh, John," Ash scoffs," those are just some rumors to get us talking.

"Students and staff," the loudspeakers boom," we have been instructed to evacuate to LA. This is a simple drill the state of California is trying. No need to be alarmed, I repeat this is a drill."

I look at John, he has his eyebrow raised in a cocky looking stance.
"Shut up," I say smugly.

I hope there isn't really an outbreak. we know nothing about this virus. It could make vampires or zombies.

I'm thinking erratically. Zombies aren't real. That's ridiculous. The government wouldn't create something that could harm there own people. Would they?
*________________________*

Hi! :) I'm going to try and update at least once a week, possibly everyday. I'm very busy like everyone.
Thanks!
~Writer :)