Chapter 21 Victor

Victoria unsheathed her sword and I did the same. We stood in front of each other, our blades in position, ready to fight. I slid my foot forward making sure to keep my balance strong. My blade followed my body like an extension of me.

   Victoria was quick with her block and counter attack. Her blade slicing toward my throat. I was quicker, more experienced than her. I countered her attack by first dodging it and setting her off balance. She recovered quickly, keeping her sword in the middle position. Our swords battled it out with us, clacking against each other. She kept up with me and at times she was quicker. I had underestimated my daughter.

   She might look like her mother, but Victoria was strong. For an instant I had a memory of long ago. When Victoria was just a little girl. She would tell me she wanted to be just like me. I had bought her a little wooden sword and we would have sword fights. I taught her the basics at that time.

   Our swords crossed, we stared at each other through the cross. We both knew we were at a stalemate. I could tell she wasn't going to back down. I knew what I had to do! I backed away, lowered my blade and then said, "It was an honor to fight you, Princess. You are good. I believe with more practice we would be a great and an unbeatable team."

   Victoria then lowered her sword. Her face showed her emotions, she reminded me of my little blonde headed girl. She was full of wonder, and always loved the prettier things. She was always strong though. Why did I forget this?

   She bowed her head to me in understanding and sheathed her sword. I followed suit and turned toward the rest. It was never easy for me to admit defeat, but I knew when I was wrong. These kids are warriors.

   "You have proven me wrong today. We might have a chance. Right now we have the upper hand. The element of surprise." The kids cheered in excitement. They could have their moment. We had a lot of work ahead of us and none of this would be easy.

   "But we're going to need a plan!"

   The white haired girl spoke up, "We have one."

   "Well let's hear it then."

   They began to tell me of the dangerous situation they were going to put my little girl into. Myst, the girl with white hair, that my daughter was looking at affectionately, promised me that she was up for the challenge. They had apparently been preparing for weeks now. I was just the last piece of the puzzle. The only one they could get the multitude of knives from.