Chapter 9

(a/n : yet again.. Feeling lazy to change the picture....)

*knock knock *

"come in... Oh mr. Jeon?? What a pleasant surprise, please come have a sit"

"thank you mr. Han. And please its jungkook, sir."

jungkook smiled warmly at his superior, ie. Mr. Han and took his seat.

"aha, yes jungkook... So what brings you here in the headquarters?" mr. Han glances at jungkook's hand... And started to sweat once he saw THE FILE.

"i, erm... Wanted to talk about this case sir. Look these cases match a lot!" he said inching closer to mr. Han with the now open files.

Mr. Han's smile faded as he looks up at jungkook with a blank expression.

"what are these?."

he asked with a stern voice, startling the young boy (jungkook ) in the process.

"oh sir look this file, which was closed years ago... This is missing some really basic informations too, like how did it even close like this? So abruptly."

the boy mumbled.

" I still dont find the reason of you being in my office Mr. Jeon"

Mr. Han was internally panicking.

"sir, the recent murdering pattern matches with the previous murders whose case has been abruptly closed." 

he sincerely said even though he felt that Mr. Han was trying to aboid something.

" You... Are a brave and sincere policeman.. And how did u get this old dustly file from? "

" huh? Obviously from the file room sir, my sub officer found it when he was searching for no. 42 files... As i didn't mention him to bring which no. 42 file out of 15 of em... Is there any problem sir?? "

" wasnt it burnt? "

mr. Han said it under his breath, so jungkook couldn't hear him..

" umm sir? "

" yeah, mr. Jeon.. So what do you wanna do? "

" isnt it obvious sir? I want to reopen this case... What if the mental man who went missing suddenly is making someone do it... Cuz by now he would be really old.. And these type of murders are difficult for old aged people. "

" re- re open? What? No! Just solve whatever you r solving jungkook. "

mr. Han stuttered out, hands gripping onto the chair armrest.

" but sir.. "

" no buts jungkook. "

" is it because its related to some famous mafia gang? "

" and what if it is?? Do you know how dangerous they can be?? "

" come on sir... It has been years... We haven't heard of them anymore"

"that doesn't mean they aren't quietly underground."

"please sir... I want to bring peace to the past victims and the recent victims too.."

"d-do whatever you want if you wanna risk your 'not yet lived ' life. Go away shoo shoo"

mr. Han himself might be under pressure... He might be scared... But he was still guilty for his past actions and now that he was old, he wanted to retire as a good man.
Jungkook rushed back to his office, as nother officer notified him about jimin investigatingand a child waiting for him to return in his office. He knew that jimin could handle himself, so he proceeded to meet the child.

"hey kiddo.."

"hi sir.."

" pls call me jungkook hyung... Or kook hyung?"

" ah, kook hyung.. Hi.. I am yoonsuh."

"so, yoonsuh, what brings you here, and first of all how old are you?".

" umm i am 10... I heard people find their lost ones here. So i came here to find my mommy."

"uh oh, child where is your father? Or any guardian?"

he gently pats her head.

"i-uh dont have a papa... Neither a guardian other than mommy.. Just find mommy for me please."

"i see kid, okie.. But now we cant go around searching for your mommy without her name, phone number, address, and few more information... Will you help us?"

She jumps down the bench where she had been waiting for the cop to arrive.

"yes! I will! Mommy will be so proud!"

"yay~~ lets make your mommy proud okie??.. Now what is your mommy's name kid?"

Another officer excuses herself in the room and whispers something in his ears, his eyes widens.

"ok you continue talking with the kid.. I'll look after the body."

The girl whined as she had warmed up to jungkook.. And now that he was suddenly leaving her, she felt scared.... He even gave a toffee to her and somehow managed to slip out.

- crime scene -

Jungkook yet again arrived at the crime spot to see a woman's dead body with a slit throat, smashed nose, 3 stab marks on her belly with no fingers, although her engagement ring was found under her palm.

The scene was terrifying... Yet another murder. Right now jungkook was fuming with anger, this area was under his supervision, and he had promised to not let any innocent person die, but here he is again in front of a dead body.
After the body was sent to post mortem he sent teams to check the area.
Fortunately a phone was found and they were able to switch it on... But to his dismay... The phone's wallpaper had the victim's and her daughter's picture... The daughter being that 10 year old girl whom he met few hours ago at his office. He felt his heart clench when the child's words rang in his head... How she was determined to find her mommy and make her proud. Life is so cruel. The killer kills for god knows what reason.. And here people like insuh lose their loved ones without even harming a soul.
Jungkook stood on the thin road that joins the main road... Lost in his deep thought.

" sir.. We might be able to find the murderer..."

"why..."

" victim had acrylic nails.. So while struggling she broke one nail... But since its an abandoned construction site with too much concrete and dust, we dont know if we'll find any skin or such."

" hmm still send it for thorough check."

(a/n : what should i do with my life??)