Chapter Two

Harry's POV

***

Shit!

Harry fell off the pool float.

What time is it? Damn! I'm late for graduation!

Harry climbed out of the pool, dried off, and threw on his cap and gown. He hopped into his sports car and dashed to the college, muttering about how stupid he was. 

Not too late, Harry slid in a seat in between his friends, Michael and Zayn. Ed was muttering to himself and his hand were together. 

"Hey what's up with Michael" Harry asked Zayn. "The dean said someone had failed this year" he responded. Ohhh. "Hey, good luck" Harry snickered, before turning to listen to the dean. "..For the first time in this school's history, we have a failure. The lucky student is... Harry Styles."

What. HE was the failure. Beside him, Zayn was losing it and Mikey was thanking the gods. Harry was embarrassed, but mostly scared to face Robin. Robin had worked so hard to get Harry here, and what would he say now.

"Fantastic, my boy!"

Harry laughed nervously. Did Robin mishear something?

"Come here." Robin led him to some portraits. "This is my great-grandfather, Marcel Styles. He never went to school. This is your great-grandfather, Edward Styles. He failed fourth standard. And this is my father, your grandfather, Harold Styles. 8th standard was when he dropped out. I, myself, never went to college. But you! All of us failed in England, you managed to fail in America!"

Harry was confused. "So... you're happy I failed?" "Of course," Robin responded "I never went to college and look at the empire I've created. It's useless, really, school. You join the company tomorrow!"

Tomorrow?! " You know Robin, it's hard to fail. I was thinking I take a month long trip to see America." "A month? A month!" Robin started chasing Harry around the room, until he started wheezing. Harry pulled a chair for him and put his feet up.

"Robin," he began, "you're right. I shouldn't be on vacation. My childhood is over. I shou-" Robin cut him off. "Don't ever say that. I gave up my childhood for you, so if you ever think your childhood is over, go and live mine."

Harry was shocked at Robin's change of heart, but nevertheless made arrangements.

"Come on man. You have to come!" Harry pleaded the next afternoon. Michael protested, "Dad expects me to join the business and-" "You're coming. End of story" Harry declared, stalking out of the corner cafe, drinks in hand. 

"Let's go pick up Zayn" Michael reminded the other boy. The three of them drove around, doing nothing, before deciding to get buzzed. Or drunk, they just wanted alcohol. "Gas station store, on your left" Michael called. Zayn got out to get the beer.

A few minutes later he stormed back. "The hag of a shopkeeper said the store was closed and to come back tomorrow" he rolled his eyes. "Leave it to me" Harry assured him.

The woman was just locking the doors when Harry stood behind her. "Sorry, the store is closed. Come back tomorrow" she said. Harry put on a pained face and said "Please, I have a splitting headache and everywhere else is closed. Just an Aspirin."

The woman agreed and reopened the store. "Here. Two dollars" she handed over the medicine. "Ma'am, I feel bad about making you open the store for just this Aspirin." Harry lied. "Let me buy something...  ah! This beer."

The store owner quickly realised what he was doing. Even when Harry offered her ten extra dollars she said no.

"Okay, okay, I'll leave" he said, but as soon as her back was turned he took the beer, put the money on the table, and ran, knocking over the flowers on her desk.

"Start the car Mikey!" Harry yelled and hopped in the car, leaving the owner at the doors.

As he took a sip of beer, Zayn said "Pack your bags. We're leaving in two days!"

***

Hey! Again, Michael is Rocky, Zayn is Karan Johar's character (idk his name), Robin is Pops. I WONDER who the shopkeeper is. You'll find out next chapter. Anne is dead in this so... Anyway, bye for now my lovely larries.

Instagram: sunshineand28

xoxo Kiki