4

Deimos groaned as he turned onto his stomach, trying to block out the sun rays but babbles and taps on his ribs interrupted him once again. The twins were very excited to even fall asleep even though it was very that they were tired. It was either the bubbles or the doctor they had met earlier on and he slightly hoped it was the latter because he couldn't get her out of his mind as well.

Their taps were getting sloppier and he grabbed them suddenly, making roaring noises making them giggle uncontrollably.

Miss Maori, the pediatrician, had explained that the twins were actually six almost seven months old but because they were malnourished it looked like they were four months old. Deimos closed his eyes as her words rolled in, settling in his stomach leaving him uneasy. He knew what she meant by he had to dig into their past no matter how nasty he got and he knew he wasn't ready to do that. He wasn't ready to know what his kids went through because of his carelessness and maybe if Madeline had told him she was carrying his children he would have given her a chance and maybe his sons would have had the best life.

"What do you suggest we do today?" He asked and they just climbed onto his sculpted chest eagerly then sat on him, trying to get comfortable.

He didn't move and just laid on his back so they wouldn't fall besides if they did they would fall onto the comfort of his soft bed. He thought about just chilling at home for a day or two before going back to work but he needed to do some shopping for the twins and maybe take them to the playground but they were too small and knowing they may have been abused he only wanted to keep them in the safety of his arms.

"C'mon" he picked them up from his chest and placed them on the white silk sheets.

He threw the duvet off his legs and placed them on his hips before waltzing into his grand bathroom to start their day. After getting him and the twins ready he went to the kitchen to meet a table full of food. His housekeeper, Katie always made breakfast before he woke up and she was out of sight for the rest of the day until dinner time. He had no idea whether it was safe for kids six months and below to play in a playground and he sure as hell wasn't going to risk anything.

After feeding the twins their pea purée which was obvious they disliked he immediately went on his laptop to check safety in the playground for six months old. He knew during the beginning of fatherhood Google was going to have to be his best friend as he was totally inexperienced. After almost half an hour of research he decided that right after shopping he would take them to the playground for entertainment.

He bit his lip as typed quickly on his phone. He was making a list of things he needed to buy for the twins. He would have sent someone to get it for him but it was for his children it needed to be perfect. After he changed them into matching white t-shirts with 'papa's boy' written on it boldly in blue with an arrow also in blue just underneath it and it pointed to the right, blue washed out jeans and white and blue socks while Deimos rocked a blue t-shirt with 'Papa' written on it with white and an arrow right underneath it and it pointed to the left, blue washed out jeans and white all stars sneakers. He placed the twins in a black double stroller his housekeeper bought the other day.

He grabbed his McLaren 720S car keys and rushed into it, placing the twins on the car seat then strapped them with the seatbelts seeing as he did not have any baby car seats.

It didn't take long before he got to the closest mall. He didn't forget to slip on a black cap and regular glasses he used for reading sometimes. He was behind a screen almost 24/7. He couldn't lie when he said it affected his eyes a little but luckily he was a gym freak so he didn't have to worry about his body.

"Sunglasses?" He chuckled as he grabbed two pairs of miniature black thick sunglasses.

He didn't need to risk anyone spotting the twins' eyes seeing as the twins possessed the traditional Perez family eyes which were sea green which was very noticeable.

He got the twins out and placed them in the simple black double stroller and made his way into the mall, trying at all costs not to get noticed. He didn't need a mob of fans or paparazzi besides he didn't want the twins to be seen not because he was ashamed of them but he didn't want to expose them to the media especially not at such a young age.

He entered a baby store and in an hour or two he had filled up four trolleys with bibs, solution feeding mats, utensils, Transition cups, Snack storage, booster seats, Tiny Scissors - you name it - and all with different colours. He didn't understand why Google recommended tiny scissors but he bought it anyway.

He quickly got in line, knowing he was going to have to do some online shopping.

"A new parent?" The woman at the register chuckled, noticing the fountain of items he bought.

Thiago nodded helplessly.

"I suggest some Iron-fortified cereal" she recommended "it was the first food my baby ate and she absolutely adored it"

He smiled and nodded, making a mental note to search some up online. He left the shop with tons of bags in his hands as he tried to wheel the twins to his car. He placed the bags in the boot - or trunk - of his car and noticed the twins opening their mouth, something they did when they were hungry - which wasn't as often as he wanted - so he quickly fed them some mashed pear.

He went to another store where he bought more items. The woman at the counter gasped but allowed him to purchase everything. After he noticed the twins getting duller he knew he had to send them to the playground before they got too tired so he drove to a local playground. His eyes scanned the playground in distaste. There were too many people. He made a mental note to build a playground in his backyard for the twins.

He took a deep breath and placed the twins in matching swings making them look around.

"I'm right here" he cooed, making them settle down.

He pushed them in sync and they gasped, clasping their hands together as smiles took over their faces.

Hours had passed by and the twins had gone on all the rides from the slides to the sandbox. They hadn't made any efforts to engage in activities with the other children and Deimos was happy for that. He wasn't going to prevent his sons from making friends but he wasn't ready for that. He wasn't ready to share his sons with someone else. They were his and his only