Nakoa Kalawai'a

Name: Nakoa Aiken Kalawai'a
Age: 27 in human years
Gender: Male
Sexuality: Omnisexual
Nationality: Hawaiian
Looks:
Nakoa has a light brown skin tone with long black wavy hair that he keeps tied in a ponytail. Standing at 6'4", Koa also has a pair of feathery wings that sprout from his shoulder blades. The wings have small sharp hooks at the tips, and are the color of a raven's feathers - black that shine blue in the light. Contrasting his wings, his eyes are a grayish-silver, often drawing attention to his Avian roots. A warrior for his tribe, Nakoa is built for battle. He has obvious muscles decorated with tattoos. The first tattoo is on the upper left side of his chest, in the shape of a compass with mountains and a sun - the sign of his Avian tribe. On his neck he has a tattoo of a dagger impaling a rose, and from his right hip trailing down his thigh is a vine of roses. Since Koa was a tribal warrior, he had his fair share of scars too. The most notable are a horizontal slice on his navel, and a patch on his wings, not noticeable unless pointed out, where a feather can no longer grow back.

(But on his hip ^^)

(But on his hip ^^)

Personality:
Nakoa is a typically stoic person when it comes to social interactions. As a warrior, he was trained to show no weakness, and that applied to his personality too. Generally a quiet person, he observes situations before inserting himself - whether that be a social interaction, or a fight. When Koa is angered or in a battle, he is fierce and merciless, unafraid of killing. He can be possessive of his loved ones, especially his soul mate, who he has yet to find. When the warrior is with certain people, a gentler and more open side to him can be shown. This is a rare occurrence however, and he needs to fully trust the person to display this side to him.

Likes:
Kao loves to fly, which is natural for his kind. He enjoys training and fighting, even killing. His love language is touch, but he doesn't allow many to touch him.

Dislikes:
Nakoa dislikes egotistical people who think they're better then everyone else. He is claustrophobic and avoids crowds. He hates it when people challenge his decisions and underestimate him.

Strengths:
Nakoa is great at firing a bow and arrow with straight precision. He is good at keeping his stoic expression unless challenged or angry. He is also pretty decent with an ax.

Weaknesses:
All avians have a weakness to pure silver. Any wounds inflicted by silver will heal agonizingly slow and will scar over. Koa will also have a natural weakness to his soul mate and loved ones due to his possessive nature.

Weapons:
Nakoa prefers to use a bow and arrow in fights, but will also fight with an ax.

Hopes:
Nakoa is always hopeful to win any battles he is in, and his senses are always open for finding his soul mate.

Fears:
Koa is afraid of tight spaces and the idea that the magic covering his wings from the mortals would wear out.

Backstory:
Nakoa has basically been alone since he was a young boy. His mother died in childbirth when attempting to bring Koa's sibling into the world, who also didn't make it, and his father was a drunkard. From a young age Nakoa learned to fend for himself and avoided his father at all costs. Once he was 14, Nakoa left his father and made his own living, becoming a warrior for a new tribe and giving himself a new start.

Other:
Unless you are the Avian's soul mate, touching the wings of an Avian is forbidden. It is an intimate act reserved only for the soul mate.
Avians, once their mate is found and a connection is formed, will produce a special golden dust from their wings called armor. This boosts the fight in an Avian and makes them, if possible, more merciless.
Avians are also quick healers. A broken bone will mend in a few days, and wounds can close in a few hours depending on the severity.