Till Death Do Us Part

It was a marriage of convenience, to bring together the Four Seasons Kingdom with the Ghost Valley Manor. The Imperial World would soon be aquatinted with the Martial Arts World, having been kept away from each other for centuries, which will now become a step closer to uniting.

An awful idea, if anyone had chosen to ask Wen Kexing for his opinion.

Annoyingly enough, no one did.

His aunt, the Head Lady of the Ghost Valley Manor, Luo Femeng, had approached Wen Kexing one winter morning, bearing news of an arrangement that had come to be. An opportunity to strengthen their reputation, as if though it were not already known that the Ghost Valley Manor was not to be tried. Despite his protests, Luo Femeng had given him a choice, to either be the tie that bound the Kingdom to the Ghost Valley Manor or for Liu Qianqiao, his cousin, to bear that burden. Wen Kexing immediately volunteered. Liu Qianqiao had wanted to be a priestess, this meant she was to stay pure in all body, mind, and soul. 

The Royal Court would tear her up.

Wen Kexing wasn't going to have her waste her potential future to be some spoiled Emperor's arm candy. 

With that decision made, Wen Kexing set off to get married, with no one but his martial sister, Gu Xiang, disguised as a maid by his side. She was the second strongest disciple, right after Wen Kexing, and in case this was a trap, she would do her best to get them both back home safely.

No one had ever prepared Wen Kexing for the royal life.

At least his husband to be wasn't ugly.

------------------

Wen Kexing took a deep breath behind his red sheer veil, being carefully guided by Du Pusa and Qiao Luohan, fellow martial cousins of the Scorpion's Shadow Manor that were sent by Liu Qianqiao to help look after him. Liu Qianqiao had sworn sisterhood with the two girls and had cashed in a favor from them, pleading them to guide Wen Kexing down the aisle. 

"Your husband-to-be is a very attractive man," Du Pusa whispered very quietly, for only Wen Kexing to hear, "How lucky you are."

"Very lucky," Wen Kexing dryly whispered back.

Wen Kexing came to a stop with a squeeze of Qiao Luohan's hand. Carefully, he was seated on the floor beside who he assumes is his husband-to-be, Emperor Zhou Zishu.

The rest from here seemed like a blur, the ceremony as a whole was dull as he couldn't even properly see behind his veil. The weddings in the Imperial World just seemed impractical, why was the "bride" hindered from being able to see? How does one enjoy their own wedding ceremony when they have to be guided by the arm everywhere? It was absolutely ridiculous, a fancy sham of a wedding. 

He wasn't even allowed to eat! 

Eventually, Wen Kexing was lead out of the marriage hall by his two martial cousins, knowing exactly where he was being taken. Well, maybe not exactly, but knowing traditionally, he was going to be left in what is to be the bed chambers.

Consummating their marriage.

"Thank you," Qiao Luohan quietly spoke as she guided Wen Kexing to sit on the bed, "For doing this so that Qianqiao didn't have to."

"That girl has a bright future ahead of her, there's no need to thank me," Wen Kexing assured, and he meant every word. He had seen her practice hard, fall only to pick herself back up and fight stronger than ever before, "It would have been a loss to the Martial Arts World if she did not chase her full potential."

"The Martial Arts World is losing a great potential either way," Du Pusa added, "You were one of, if not the, best fighter in the Ghost Valley Manor. To see how much you've accomplished at your age and have it go to waste to play house for a spoiled man is a great shame as well."