5. Scrape and Pull

Killian

I kind of want to slap him again, but my head is pounding from the head-to-nose collision we just had. 

I was hoping that the amount of speed and stamina training that I have been doing for the past couple of years would have helped me catch up to his very own inhumane speed, but I only managed to match it. I wanted to get better than Byron Munuz, and I thought I did. Instead, I only got to his size and level basically. 

Now, I was sitting in the car with him, alone. Jaz and Jayden drove off together. Apparently, the three of them are all staying at the same spot together for their break period. I live in the opposite direction from where they had driven off from. He would've known that yet he's still doing this at 8 o'clock at night. 

It was silent the whole entire way so far. We're three minutes away from my house and not a word has been said between us at all. I'm surprised that he still remembers the way there, considering that I haven't seen him in three whole years. I wanted to ask why he still remembers. 

I wanted to ask a lot of things. It's so frustrating. Everything was going great until everything just went to nothing, all in the span of a week back then. I just want to know what happened. That's all. I'll take any type of lie or anything. I just want to know if the years that I waited for something to be said were worth it. If the fact that I physically could never move on for so long was for nothing. 

I wanted to know if he ever loved me in the first place, or was that I lie. If he ever wanted to restart in the first place. 

Honestly, what did he ever want from me?

"What?" He asked. 

My head shot up to stare at him. "Hm?"

"You said something," he shook his head, staring back a the road. 

I shook my head as well. "It's nothing."

I thought he would have already said something by now too. I mean, come on. Our first interaction in the past three years resulted in a handprint on his face. That's basically sign language for "care to explain why you dropped all contact with me?"

This dude is so dumb. 

He didn't call. He didn't talk to me to let me know what the hell was going on. He didn't tell me shit. 

"We're here," Byron spoke, cutting off my thought process. 

"Not even a text," I said out loud.

Bryon turned to stare at me. 

"You didn't even text me. That was the easiest option. It's never that hard to at least test me," I growled. "You left me all alone without saying shit. I was over here thinking that you hated me or you were just lying to me that whole time. Were you? Lying to me?  And you just couldn't keep up with all the lies so you just dropped it all in general?" 

"That's not what happened," Byron started. 

"Then fucking explain!" I yelled. "I told you from the beginning that if you don't feel the same way then just drop it! I said it was fine if you didn't love me back! You're the one that wanted to start over. You're the one that introduced yourself. You hugged me, you said you loved me in your weird, wordless way. So what the hell happened to change your mind?"

I stared at him with desperate eyes. His eyes watched me, waiting to see if I was done talking so he can start. They looked apologetic, but I was seconds away from just not having any of it.