Part 19

"Hey, Snake. I think we have been hustled by a very pretty bimbo pool hustler. We don't care how pretty they are; do we, Snake? What do we do to people trying to hustle us?" The biker took his cue and broke it over the table.

The bartender came out from behind the bar. He had a big bat in his hands. "Nope, no brawls tonight boys. I'm leaving early."

The other biker grabbed for Texas. He looked like he was about to pick her up.

Flip stepped in. He was half the size of this guy but was determined to protect his "woman".

Texas moved quickly. She got out of the way just as the biker slugged Flip. Mickey looked over at her with disdain and got into the fight too. Ten other people rushed over. Chairs flew around. Someone pulled out their gun.

The bartender called the police. Texas stood back and hoped Ted Anderson was awfully close. He walked in as someone jumped over the bar and grabbed the bartender. Another person tried to throw someone through the plate glass window in the front of the bar. Luckily, backup was coming. Red lights filled the parking lot.

Ted stood at the door of the bar and fired a warning shot. Most patrons heeded that and stopped quickly. Texas looked over at Ted and motioned to Mickey and Flip.

The second officer walked in. "Ok, everyone. Let's call this your lucky night. Tonight, you get a free pass, a stay out of jail card if you drop what you are doing and get out of here. Right now."

Everyone scrambled out the door and onto their bikes. The bar emptied in 4 minutes.

Micky and Flip were the last to try to get away. Flip grabbed Texas and said" Come on, free pass or not, I ain't talking to the cops tonight. Head for the back door."

Ted moved toward the back. He seemed to be looking for them. Flip moved more quickly.

"Hold up there, boys." Ted grabbed Mickey's arm.

"What about the free pass?"

"What do you know, I think your pass just expired. I've got a warrant here. You're wanted for questioning in connection with a break-in on May 23rd."

Another officer walked over and put handcuffs on Flip. He looked over at Texas. "You want her too? She doesn't have anything to do with anything."

Texas silently marveled at his loyalty. He was almost-husband material.

Mickey wasn't as forgiving. "What is this?" He let out a stream of curses. "There is god damn fight at Dooley's every night and no cop shows up. This is a set-up. Your little girlfriend set us up, Flip." He spit on the ground.

Mickey started to fight with one of the officers.

"Let's not add resisting arrest to this, ok bud. It's just questioning. Settle down and get in the squad car."