Extended version of the ending

“It’s your turn now.  What’s your wish?” Kim Saram, leaning his waist against the handrail, scooted closer to Dongkyung who’s standing facing the greenery before her eyes but she’s still looking up at the sky.  His right arm casually brushed her arm.  

She tilted her head up to look at him while smiling playfully. “No.  It’s a secret.”

Saram narrowed his eyes and pouted. “That’s not fair.  Then I guess you have the same wish.”

“What? Can you not mention that every other second?” Her elbow gently nudged the side of his stomach.  She mumbled. “Your persistence doesn’t change even though you’re human now.”

The look in his eyes is amused gaze bearing the everlasting love in them.  Whatever she did or said always made him smile.  Suddenly Saram caught her off guard with a peck on her lips that stopped her low mumbling.  She held her breath for a second and their eyes met as he leaned his upper body crossing the handrail in a certain angle just so that he could look at her in the eyes.  The second the shock was over, she scoffed followed with a crooked smile.

Before Saram could ask again, she told him. “I’ll tell you when we get home.” It had become a habit for them to hold each other hand.  She grabbed his hand that’s on the handrail and pulled him to walk alongside her.  Their holding hands were the only thing between them as they walked.  His palm occasionally brushed the side of her thigh as she kept him so close.  

“I thought you wanted to stay over here.” He said when they finally reached where his car was parked.  If it’s possible, they would have probably hold hands and never to let each other go even for a second.  He opened the car door for her with one hand while still holding her hand on the other.   
She shook her head. “I have some things I need in my place for work.” 

“You should have told me.” They’re already leaving her aunt’s place, driving through the beautiful and calm night street. “I could get them for you and pick you up anytime tomorrow and drive you where you need to go.”

“Don’t you have some jobs to get back to now?” She reached for the back of his head and patted him.  He might seem focus on the wheel yet he took her hand right away from his head and planted a soft kiss on the back of her hand as he held it.  His advances always surprised her but she loved them anyway.  She had learned to cherish every moment moreover since he’s just back into her life.  She thought she would never see him again in this lifetime yet all those times somehow she always held on to seemingly impossible hope.  Her eyes stared at him from the side in silence.  All this still felt surreal to her.  

He took a glance and caught her staring at him. “See I know you just can’t resist how handsome I am.” His smirk was teasing her.  Taking her hand off, she threw his hand lightly and tapped his thigh.

“You always know how to ruin the moment.” Halfway driving to her place, she changed her mind. “Let’s go to your place.”

He replied jokingly. “Now I’m scared.  I’m not the doom anymore.  Who knows who’s more dangerous between the two of us now?”

“We spent the night in my place the other day.  Now we go to your place.” Squinting she acted like she’s planning something when she didn’t have anything in mind. 

He looked at her for a moment to say. “Then you will tell me your wish.  We can spend all night talking.  I won’t fall asleep on you this time.” She just shook her head and chuckled.
-----

He tilted his head with a grin showing how hard he’s holding a laugh.  He put down his book and placed it on the table.  “That looks good on you.”  She’s standing across from where he sat.  She wasn’t prepared to stay at his place.  Ha lent her his shirt and sweatpants.  They were in light brown color. 

“Oh I like it.  No problem.” The size was too big for her. “If this makes you laugh, that’s even better I love seeing that smile.” Her hands were fully covered by the long sleeves, even a few inches over the tips of her fingers.  While the long sweatpants fell till right on her feet and that’s only because she had rolled over the waistband.
She walked over the couch and sat next to him.  They were sitting so close to each other, sharing the warmth of their bodies.  He pulled her to his chest as he wrapped his arm around her tiny body.  She leaned her head under his arm on his chest.  For a moment, they just stayed silent.  It was comfortable silence where they were just feeling grateful for the second chances they got to be together again or probably more than second already for who knew how many times their fates had collided.  She sneaked her arms to hold his body so he adjusted himself. 

“So will you tell me your wish?” Saram broke the silence.  He placed his chin on top of her head.  Occasionally he’d kiss her head softly.

“Hhhmm.” She paused for a second before continuing. “I wish for us to be happy and healthy till we die of old age with the ones we love.  Always together, never to separate no matter what happens, hold each other through anything.”

He chuckled. “You have a way to make that so long.” She lifted her head carefully so that he moved his chin.  She wanted to look at him as they continued talking.

“I’m getting better at making wishes since I met you.” She said that playfully. “It was longer but I just told you the short version.”
He smiled, eyes gazing at her with genuine adoration. “Then let’s be family.  You and me, yeah? We can have bigger family for us to love and cherish more.” His gaze felt like piercing into her.  His nose was just an inch away from hers. 

“I think we should sleep now.”

A wide smile was plastered on his face. “You seem to be shy with some words still, Dongkyung.” When he leaned in closer to her, she arched her back a little feeling him a little too close she could almost feel his heartbeat on her chest.  He said in whisper. “I don’t know how to stop myself when I’m with you.”

Gradually the air between them felt warmer.  Dongkyung wanted to tear the gaze but was unable to do so, until her eyes lingered down to find his lips slightly parted.  Kim Saram sure had learned some lines that made her heart skip a beat or two and that wasn’t a mere joke anymore for her.  She didn’t even realize he had dipped her a little lower while still holding her back with one hand.

Closing her eyes, she let out a small sigh before letting her heart to lead her action.  Saram welcomed her kiss, a bit surprised at the passionate touch.   He felt her hand slip off his back to his lap.  The long sleeves covering her hands made it hard for her to get a hold on him.  He kept deepening the kiss and leaning in closer till she felt the upper half of her body almost lie flat on the couch. 

“Ow!” The sudden lift surprised her.  She let out a breathless breath as their lips parted.  Saram carried her in his arms. “What? Why?”

He smirked. “I don’t want you to trip yourself walking in those sweatpants.” He pecked her lips playfully. “Remember, you have always been special to me, Tak Dongkyung.  So I won’t let you get hurt.”

She wrapped her arm around his neck while cupping his cheek with the other. “I love you, Kim Saram.”

Their eyes sparkle with the feelings of grateful, love, adoration and deep longing for each other. “I love you, too.” They continued kissing as if they couldn’t just keep themselves from each other while he was carrying her to his room.  He walked around his house a little longer than needed to reach his room.  They finally burst into a laugh.

Dongkyung patted his chest. “You need to see to find your way or you’ll drop me on the floor any longer.” She buried her face on his chest, breathing in the fresh crisp smell of him. 

“You know I will always catch you when you fall.” He winked and pecked her lips one last time before he started walking to his room.  She just sighed and hit his chest lightly.

Once they got into his room, he asked her. “You won’t regret it, right? You walked in willingly.” He’s pretty skilled to open the door without putting her down. “I might do something to you.” 

“No, you carry me in your arm.” She joked then looked at him with more serious look yet she couldn’t help smiling. “I might do something to you more.  I don’t know either how to stop myself when I’m with you.” Her copying his line got him to smile wide.  Then he closed the door behind with a little kick.
*****

Love and support this

Vote comment and share 🥰