Chapter 29: The real emotions

Anika was terrified when he reacted to her message, she was recording Shivaansh's birthday video. He looked at her when he started the car along with Shivaansh in the car seat. He didn't smile but looked at her emitting accusations in his eyes. Her insides shivered when she realized she had to say about her condition after Shivaansh's birthday party. But eventually shrugged off her thoughts when she realized her fears for the future moment ruining the day.

"Where are we going?" He asked when he started driving the car, all the three are driving alone to the shopping.

"Disney store!" Shivaansh shouted in excitement. He chuckled off; Anika felt relaxed.

"Okay," he said and started the car.

"You're looking gorgeous in this dress." Out of a sudden, she heard a comment from him, and she turned her head towards him with a confused gaze while he concentrated on the road, she was sitting in the passenger seat.

"Excuse me, I think I heard something wrong, can you please repeat?" Anika asked him, while he couldn't control his chuckle, he chuckled looking at her. She never saw him chuckling like this. He looked at her with a smiley face.

"For your kind of information, this is my everyday wear, so stop teasing me and drive," Anika said, even though every bit of him said he was drooling on her, but she didn't want to make the situation uncomfortable by responding like a newlywed couple for his compliment in front of their three-year-old.

"But I didn't tease you, you're really looking gorgeous, in fact sexy..." He spoke out unexpectedly, without noticing his son who was hearing to their conversation, his eyes rolled, she turned her head and looked at Shivaansh, but his eyes automatically started to shut, he started to sleep.

"He's sleeping," Anika said to Shivaay disappointed.

"Don't worry, he will wake up once we reach the mall," Shivaay said looking at the road, in a few minutes, they reached the mall, Shivaay parked the car in the parking lot. They emerged out of the car, Shivaay held his son and walked towards the mall. Shivaansh was still sleeping in his shoulder.

"Do you have any idea?" He asked her walking towards the Disney store inside the mall.

"I know what he wants but I wanted him to choose his gift," Anika said and moved a little closer to Shivaansh who was in Shivaay's arm and caressed his sleeping face and kissed his palm. Shivaansh opened his eyes in a spark and looked at her. In no moment, he went to Anika who widened her arms for him.

"Baby, it's your birthday, we came here for shopping." She said to him and kissed his forehead, he snuggled in her shoulder and woke up to the store directly with a smile. She kissed him on his forehead. That slight was pleasant especially when he woke in her husband's shoulder. With a smile, she turned her face to her husband who looked at her with a silent smile in his face. His smile was pure, so pure, like his feelings towards her. she was wrong, Shivaansh didn't happen because he felt pity for her but something purer.

***

"Mommy, car!!!" Shivaansh spoke and broke their lengthy eye lock, her eyes said something to him, but he couldn't catch it. He felt deeply that she's hiding something from him. But the smile in her face was constant throughout especially when he felt her close to him whenever she adored her son.

"Car?" Anika asked chuckling.

"Yeah, a car!" Shivaansh asked in excitement.

"What are we doing in the Disney Store for a car?" Shivaay asked them. Anika looked at him perplexed.