Prologue

Tomjay stopped, and turned as something pressed down on his tail. He lifted his muzzle, tasting the air, and found a strong smell of rogue. He looked at the roll of fluff attached to his body, which had a white and orange paw pressed on top. He raised his ears in alarm, even more so when Dawn padded over to him.

'Tomjay?' The she-cat moved over to the black-pelted tom, dropping the mouse she had caught moments before, 'Is everything alright? We must get back to camp, for Lock will have our fur if we don't return pre-suntop.' She mewed, refering to the time when the Sun was at its highest peak in the sky. Tomjay blinked at her, thinking of an excuse as to why he had stopped.

'I think I see some burdock. I was thinking about collecting it for Jane, but we have to go.' He said the last part, taking in the impatient Quail up in front of them. The white she-cat noticed and hopped over to the two. 

'Come on, lovecats, we best go!' She hissed, turning and stomping into the direction of camp. Dawn blinked sadly at the warrior, picked up the mouse and dashed after her littermate. Tomjay spun around, shaking off the paw and dragging the cat out the bushes

.'Mock! Are you out of your Above Tribe mind?' His eyes narrowed into slits, barely visible against his piercing orange eyes. The other tom simply washed his front paw, eyes looking at his friend. He licked for some more moments then placed his paw on the floor once more.

'I am allowed to talk to my friend, am I not? Also, that's Coltsfoot, not Burdock. I don't see how you mixed that up.' Mock moved his black and orange splotched tail towards a plant sat at the foot of a rotten sycamore. Tomjay hissed, swishing and sprinting after his long-gone tribemates.