1.0

George dragged his feet along to his door as if he was a slug.

 He tugged the door open and made his way down his splintered stairs into his kitchen. His mom turned around and made a remark, 'Georgie, don't you remember what day it is today?' She shuffled over to the calendar in a upbeat fashion.

 George looked up as his eyes lit up as if a thousand stars had appeared in the sky. The 19th was circled in a lime green as if it was snot.

 'Furby day?' George bounced up and down as if at a bounce house.

 George's family were not the best off, they only got George a present once or twice a month if he was lucky (there were more chances of winning the lottery than getting a second present a month) his birthday and Christmas were only exceptions every now and again. 

--

At this point it was approaching 10am, the time the store opened. 'Moooom!' George whined, shaking at his mothers sweater, 'We'll be late!' George Started shaking the sweater with more desperation.

 'Get in the car then.' George's mother said unenthusiastically grabbing the car keys off of the countertop and locking the front door.

 George was practically floating with the amount of times he was jumping trying to see if the car was unlocked. 

When his mother unlocked the door, the amount of force George used to try and open the door, caused it to open and slam him flat in the face, 'You alright?' George's mother rushed over to help him stand again as if he was a baby giraffe that fell over. 

George Gets up and hops over to the door and slams they dull grey car door.

Georges mother starts the car and begins to drive to the store. 

The time was 10:50. A mere 10 minutes before the store opened.

Traffic was the one thing his mother was dreading that day.

--

End of Part 1