𝟖|𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

y/n sat in her bedroom, sprawled out across her bed

y/n sat in her bedroom, sprawled out across her bed. there was so much going on around her she needed an escape. there wasn't usually much privacy at the outpost so it was rare for her to be able to have these few moments alone. she was always accompanied by either gallant or coco, or both.

it was nice to have a little bit of time to herself, although that meant no distractions from her own mind.

the girl got off of her bed, slightly lifting up her mattress to reach for her diary, but it was gone.

"fuck" she breathed out, a wave of panic washing over her. those were her own personal thoughts, the only thing that she didn't have to share in this shit hole.

it wasn't long before she had torn her room apart in attempt to find the small book, but it was nowhere to be seen. "oh my god" she panicked. "I might die"

she perched herself on the love seat at the end of her bed, her head falling into her hands.

a soft knock at the door interrupted her thoughts, she looked up slowly before letting out a sigh.

"not now coco, i need to be alone" she shouted, but there was no reply.

another knock could be heard, this time a lot more aggressive. "for fuck sake" she breathed out, growing irritated.

y/n dragged herself towards the door, looking down as she slowly opened it.

"listen coco, in the nicest way possible, fuck off" she spoke, but as she glanced at the floor she noticed the person outside the door was dressed in a suit.

'oh shit' she thought to herself, looking up to meet the blue eyes of mr langdon. she gulped, smiling slightly as her cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

"m-mr langdon!" she exclaimed. "i'm so sorry, i thought it would be coco she's always knocking at my door"

langdon smirked at her slightly. "don't worry about it, darling"

darling. she liked that.

"um, is there something you need?" she questioned, opening the door wider allowing him to come in.

"i just wanted to ask you a few questions" he replied, stepping into the room before closing the door behind him.

y/n walked back over to the love seat, her heart pounding in her chest. she took a seat and gestured for him to join her.

"well, you've already interviewed me, sir" she spoke softly, avoiding his gaze.

"oh trust me, darling" he looked down at her. "i remember"

y/n could feel her heart skip, gulping as she forced a polite smile. "right, well what would you like to ask?"

"do you know who i am, y/n?" he asked her softly, taking a seat next to her.

"well, of course." she spoke, his eyes lighting up. "you're mr langdon."

the man let out a sigh - looking away from her.

"have i said something wrong?" she asked confused, placing her hand on his shoulder which he quickly shrugged off.

"of course not, y/n" he replied, still not looking at her.

"do you think you will make it to the sanctuary?" he asked her, catching her off guard.

"well, if i don't kill myself in here then maybe i have a chance" she laughed slightly, looking over to him. "but i think there are others in here who deserve it more than me."

langdon looked over at her, finally meeting her gaze. he gave her a smile before standing up, but continuing to hold eye contact. "no one deserves it more than you, darling."

and with that he made his way out of her room, leaving her alone once again. she sat still for a second trying to comprehend what had just happened, when suddenly she remember.

'fuck, where's my diary'