Chapter 4: What now?

I couldn't believe what I just heard. There's no way this is happening to me right now. This can't be real. The police are pulling me and my sister away from our mom and trying to calm us down so they can take us to the station. I am in so much pain. What am I going to do? How is life going to work without her? She was all we had left.

It's been an hour of me sobbing next to my mom. Ale was so traumatized by everything that she couldn't take anymore and left to her best friends house for comfort. I decided to cooperate with the police and finally got up so they can take me to the station. I'm in the back of a police car. This feels so unreal. I then remembered that I had plans hours ago. I look at the time and it's almost 8:30. I grab my phone and I had over 10 missed calls and tons of messages.

Shyla💕 4+ new messages
Dessi❤️ 9+ new messages
653-447-7821 2 new messages

You missed 9 calls from Dessi❤️
You missed 3 calls from Shyla💕
You missed a call from 653-447-7821

I feel terrible. They probably think I bailed and it had something to do with them. I noticed that and unsaved number texted me so I opened it to see who it was.

653-447-7821

Hey Ellisette, It's Daniel. Desiree gave me your number when I saw her after school just in case. Let me know if there is a change of plans<3. -5:34

Hey is everything alright? We are worried about you. Give me a text when you see this. -7:25

I hate the fact that this happened today. What I thought was going to be a good day turned into a complete shit show. After a minute of contemplating on what to say to them. I saved Daniels number and I decided to text them back.

Hey Daniel, I'm so so sorry that it seems like I bailed. So much has happened that I'm not ready to talk about yet but I appreciate the worries and I will be sure to text you if anything <3.

I forwarded the text to all of them separately and shut my phone off. I wasn't ready for what they wanted to say. After a couple minutes of driving we finally arrived at the police station. The officer took me out of the car and patted me down. As soon as I walked inside I understood why they did that. The first face I see is my dad. With no feeling inside me other then anger I bolt over to him and hit him in the face so many times. I couldn't see anything else. All I was focusing on was making him suffer. The police are pulling me off and sound comes back.

"ELLISETTE STOP! STOP!" Multiple police officers say.

They finally rip me off and I can't break loose.

"ELLISETTE! LOOK AT ME! Don't look at him I need you to look at me! Calm down okay?" The girl officer say while sanding in the way so I don't see my dad. She's holding up my chin and pushing my hair out of my face telling me to calm down.

I'm focusing on her face and then everything gets quiet. The officer in front of me slowly moves out of the way. Since I blacked out, I didn't see anyone but when she moves out of the way I see my Tio George. Tio Gorge and my dad have a bond that no one can break so when I saw him next to my dad I knew something bad was about to happen.

"What the fuck are you doing here Tio?!" I said angrily giving him a stare that he can feel in his soul.

"It was me who did it." he said looking at me with his hand on his chest acting sincere.

"No it was dad. Ale saw him do it, you were never there what the hell are you talking about?!" I said slowly trying to walk towards him.

Completely discarding what I said. He says "Your father innocent mamita. It was me."

Is this really happening? Is he taking the blame for my dad? Why is he doing this? The police officer grabs his cuffs and orders my dad to sit down while grabbing my uncle.

"Gorge Velez, you are under arrest for the death of your nieces mother Maria Torres."

They take him away in cuffs as my dad pretends to have sympathy for me. The officers who pulled me off of my dad takes my arms and puts me in a room far away from my dad. She told me to tell her everything that I knew. Just for a backup I tried calling Ale 4 times but she didn't answer. So I told the officer the just of what I knew. The officer left the room and told me she would be back. While I'm in this empty room I feel so numb. So many questions are running through my mind. Why isn't Ale answering? Why did Tio Gorge take the blame for such a horrible man? What's going to happen now? My mind is so scrambled. I remembered that I shut my phone off after I texted my friends. It's been an hour so I decided to turn it back on.

Shyla💕- Hey no worries I'm just glad you're okay! I'm here if you need to talk <3.

Dessi❤️- Omg are you okay? We've been so worried about you. Shyla is sleeping over at my house so you know where I live if you need us <3.

Daniel :) - Hey omg is everything alright? Do you need me to come get you?

I don't know what to say to them. I feel so hurt that I can't even say what I "need" I don't know what I need. I hear a knock at the door and the officer comes back in.

"Okay so I'm going to give you a rundown on your living situation and what the future looks like for you. Since you mother unfortunately passed away and you aren't prepared to live on your own yet, you are going to be staying with your father-"

"WHAT?!?!" I said loudly cutting her off.

"We gave your father full custody of you sweetie so you can be in a safe house hold and have someone there for you in such time of grief."

CHAPTER 5 COMING SOON!!!