synopsis

MADELINE KOLE CAN be best described as an ex-girlfriend who didn't deserve to be dumped.

Despite being hurt over and over again, she'll still always care for whoever hurt her. At times, she can be on the other end of that spectrum—cold and still hung-over her ex.

And, funnily enough, an ex-girlfriend she is, except, she did the dumping.

She's been told working in extremes is what'll kill her, but she says she doesn't mind that type of ending.

Sebastian Kennet is less complicated. She calls him a player, but he likes to think he's just that magnetic.

He's a mix of sarcasm, charisma and suave—who wouldn't want him? With no effort on his part, he's constantly flirted with and surrounded by girls who want him for his looks and body.

What comes as a shock to him, is when he meets a girl who doesn't do or want any of that.

He's been told "no" by a girl whose caught his eye, but he says she's the one.

¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬

He's all in my face as if he's never heard of personal space. My next words get stuck in my throat as I tip my head to get a clearer image of him. Awkwardly, I take one hand off the rails and wipe the droplets on my forehead.

"I hate to say it," he starts, exhaling sharply, "but I need your help."

I nearly lose my mind. Did he just say-

"Did you...Sebastian Kennet, just ask me...Madeline Kole t-to help you," after a thought, I add, "voluntarily?"

He manages to glance at me from below his eyelashes, despite being taller. "Yes."

It might be too much, but with no control whatsoever, I burst out laughing right at his face. His previously bashful expression morphs into a pout as he gives me my space back.

"Don't be like that, Mads. I was trying to be serious about it, because I really-"

"Y-Yes, you need...need m-my help," I wheeze, slapping a hand on the water. "That's the best thing I've heard all week. Man, thanks for that."

"I'm not joking. I need your help with this girl."

¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬

DISCLAIMER | This is a work of fiction. Names, character, places, events and incidents are products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual occurrences is purely coincidental.

The moral right of the author has been asserted.

All rights reserved © 2021-