Ch.2 I f-ed up

(Y/N) sat quietly in the counselors office waiting for her mother or Neil to come pick her up. It was Neil who picked her up. Look he wasn't really a bad guy but he was just annoyingly happy all the time.

"(Y/N) sweetie what happened?" Neil asked in a to sweet voice

"Your not my dad so stop acting like it." (Y/N) grumbled out staring out the passenger window. Neil sighed even though they didn't know it the man truly cared for their well begin. Or at least in his mind he did.

"(Y/N) me and your mom have been talking and we think you should probably go to therapy." Neil said in a gentle voice

"What?! I don't need to go I'm fine I swear!" (Y/N) said. One of their biggest fears they had was having to tell others about their thoughts. Thoughts that weren't so nice.

"(Y/N) you have gotten into 3 fights in the last month not to mention you hurt yourself. We are just trying to help." Neil pleaded

"I'm fine the way I am." (Y/N) growled out practically daring the man to say another thing. And he did.

"(Y/N) we are doing this to help. There are to many times where people in this town have hurt others because they didn't get proper help. And if so be it (Y/N) I am not afraid to send you away to someplace outside the town to get you help." Neil said his tone darkening at the end.

(Y/N) didn't say anything else instead they waited until they got back to their house not Neil's and opened the door and ran up to her room.

Neil had called her one of those monsters. One of those things that most definitely lurk in the darkness of the woods. They weren't one of those monsters though. Right? Right because those monsters are the reason they are trapped in this town. The reason Riley is dead. The reason dad is dead.

"I'm not a monster." (Y/N) mumbled under their breath as they fought tears.

"I can't be." They mumbled as they sat against their door.

"What if I am?" They said in a sickeningly sweet voice the same voice Neil uses to try and make her see his way.

She pulled at their hair. This was all to stressful. All to much. They didn't want to be alive anyway. They wanted to protect their sister and they failed.

They failed to save their little sister. They failed to save their father. They failed to stop their mother from marrying Neil.

They were a monster. They couldn't save their own family. And Neil keeps trying to make them the perfect daughter. Mom knows I don't like begin called that. Dad knew that too. So did Riley. But Neil wants a perfect family.

And (Y/N) isn't perfect. They know that. They've always known that. But they didn't want to be what Neil wanted them to be. A perfect daughter in a perfect family.

"(Y/N) I'm sorry. Will you please come out?" Neil asked politely

"N-no! Go away!" (Y/N) yelled just now realizing they had cried. Neil sighed but did leave for now at least.

(Y/N) couldn't stop thinking about how she had become a monster to those close to them. Maybe they should just listen to Neil.

A/N: What up? Hope you enjoyed this chapter any suggestions are welcome! Especially suggestions for new books!