Chapter 49

"Stop. It was my fault don't blame him. Just finish what were you saying" I sigh.

"Nothing. Doesn't matter anymore" Jack said and walked away.

Wow dramatic much?

"Hey babe" Maddison said leaning in and Jack dodged.

"Babe what's wrong" she asked faking sympathy looking at the Cafeteria that went completely quiet and was just staring at them.

"Stop embarrassing me!" She scream-whispered tugging Jack's arm. Jack didn't move.

"Jack freaking talk to me!" She whispered.

"Jack!" She said again.

"I hate you" He said and walked away.

Maddison opened her mouth and let out half a gasp and walked away.

Thursday

I woke up and brushed my hair and changed into a faded american flag sweat shirt, black leggings with hearts at the knees and rain combat boots. I put my hair in a messy ponytail and drove to school.

"Hey Joy" Lia said.

"Oh my god I haven't talked to you in like 2 weeks whats up" I smile and hug her.

"Nothing much" she said and a boy came and kissed her on the cheek.

"This is my boyfriend Hunter" She said.

"Hi I'm Joy" I smile and he waves.

"Well I gotta get to class" I throw a fake smile and walk to History.

I sat next to Peace knowing that Jack and Maddison are gonna burst through those doors and get all over each other near my desk but he didn't.

Jack didn't even show up today. Weird.

I went to lunch and sat down next to Johnson. Peace was sitting with the cheerleaders so I'm basically the only one who hasn't ditched Johnson yet.

"What's wrong?" I ask crossing my leg.

"Well um my best friend hasn't talked to me in two weeks and my girlfriend broke up with me" He smiles.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know, are you okay? I'm always here for you" I said and hugged him. He smelt really good.

"No I don't need hugs I'm a man!" He shouts in a low voice and we laugh. "Can you help me with math homework on the weekend" he asked.

"Yeah sure no problem" I smile.