Introduction

𝖘 𝖚 𝖕 𝖊 𝖗 𝖓 𝖔 𝖛 𝖆

𝖘 𝖚 𝖕 𝖊 𝖗 𝖓 𝖔 𝖛 𝖆

🌟🦋

          SO, HERE'S THE THING technically speaking, Nova Walsh isn't a real human. Not in the way you're thinking, though! Not in the 'we're aliens and we've come to take over your planet,' kind of way — but in the 'you were genetically engineered in a lab for scientific purposes,' kind of way. So yeah, she wasn't exactly created like everyone else. But that doesn't make her any less of a human, or any less normal than one. So sure, yeah, while all the other kids her age were getting the bird and bees talk, Nova and her brother were getting the 'you were created to help and save people,' talk. So, no pressure or anything, right?

          But it's not like she's ungrateful or anything. Her dad's like, uber rich — so Nova lives a life of luxury. Except for the 'saving the city' missions that she's got to go on (which usually end up with her dirty and sweaty) — but that's a privilege too! Who wouldn't want to save people if they have the chance? Especially if it's literally the entire reason that they were created. "To save people when other people can't," is what her dad says, actually.

          It was actually Nova's idea, to start going to school. She just wants to be normal — more than anything. And even though she isn't, and she probably never will be, she just wants to know what it's like. To go to school, to make friends, to break out into a song and dance routine in the middle of lunch. And even though she's got a metal chip fused to her nervous system, embedded in the back of her neck, giving her super-speed and super-agility — Nova thinks that she makes a damn good normal teenage girl. She likes to keep up with all the latest pop culture drama, and she's always on top of the latest fashion trends. (Having a rich dad helps in that aspect, she guesses.)

          And sure, sometimes she's got to skip school because of the fact that she's also a bionic teenager who's got to save the city, but really — it's more like a side hustle. And she definitely doesn't mind skipping her most hated classes. Like physics, for example. (Who cares if speed = distance / time?) So she's gotten used to skipping a few classes here and there. And besides, her dad always writes a note of excuse for both her and her brother. So it's not like they've got anything to worry about.