Part Three

hello guys

Scene 11: Outside the gate

(Adams is ready and is standing in front of the car)

Max: why didn't you have breakfast with the family?

Adams: nothing I just didn't feel like having breakfast dad

Christiana: well let me tell the nanny to package something for you

Adams: No mum don't worry I'll be fine. I will just eat at school

Christiana: okay take care, boys

(Their dad drove them to school)

Scene 12: At the school car park

Max: both of you didn't say a word to each other on our way here. What is going on Adams?

Adams: nothing Dad I'm not in the mood and I guess Alan feels the same way

Alan: whatever

(Alan snaps and leaves)

Max: Adams and you say nothing is wrong

Adams: Dad it's nothing we will be fine

Scene 13: In the classroom

(The teacher distributes the quiz paper)

Teacher: Alan see me after the class

Alan: yes sir

(The teacher asks a question and Adams answers it)

Teacher: clap for him!

All: the class claps for Adams.

(After the lesson Alan waits behind to speak with the teacher while the rest of the students walks out)

Teacher: Alan come with me to my office

Alan: sir what is this about?

Teacher: you know very well what this is about Alan

Alan: sir if this is about the quiz, I will take it again you don't have to worry

Teacher: you scored zero on the quiz Alan and it's not the first time. I don't want to talk to your parent about this because they will be disappointed again. Your brother is one of the best students in the school. why don't you let him assist you?

Alan: sir please don't bring my brother into this, I'm tired of everyone comparing him with me. The fact that we are twins doesn't mean I have to be like him.

Teacher: well you leave me with no choice but to speak with your parent at the next PTA meeting. You can leave now.

(Alan puts his hands in his pocket and walks out of the classroom. The teacher packs his books and leaves as well)

Scene 14:  the school park

(Adams is the school prefect they have a few months to write their final exams. Alan had his friends and Adams as well.

Whenever they fight Adams tries to talk to his brother but this time around Adams was so hurt by what his brother said to him)

Quincy: is Alan in trouble again?

Kobby: he probably had the lowest score on the quiz

Quincy: by the way Adams why are you quiet? You usually jump in to save him whenever he was in trouble what happen?

Adams: he has always proven he doesn't need me to save him why keep trying? He can handle his issues. Besides he refuses to learn and that is none of my business

Kobby: did something happen at home? You two were fine yesterday. By the way, your birthday party was amazing I had fun

Quincy: yes me too. I understand the pressure on Alan. Adams has set such a high standard that everyone expects the same from him.

Adams: well that is not my fault you see. I don't want to keep talking about him. Let got to the library.

Kobby: seriously it is break time, I'm going to the canteen to eat I'm not a bookworm like you.

Quincy: exactly I'm starving. Kobby I will come with you

Adam: fine you two come to the library after eating we still have to finish that research

All: alright

(Quincy and Kobby leave for the canteen while Adams goes to the library)

Scene 15: In the Library

(Alan is in the library learning to write his text again. Adams walks in and sees him. He walks past him to the shelves to pick up a few books and walks to the next empty seat.

Alan had an empty seat next to him when he saw Adams walk in, he place a book on the seat so he doesn't sit next to him. Adams had no intention of sitting close to him)

Quincy: hey it looks like Alan needs help

Kobby: why don't you go help him, Adams?

Adams: you guys spend more than 20 minutes in the canteen and you are here chatting. We have less than 10 minutes to go back to class now please concentrate.

The librarian: you three over there if I see you chatting again, I will walk you out.

(All attention is drawn to them. Alan picks up his books and leaves)

Scene 16: At the front gate of the Bieber's

(Adams was about to enter the house when he sees Acacia's school bus arriving. Acacia sees him and gets down)

Adams: hi beautiful how are you?

Acacia: I'm fine. Why do you call me beautiful?

Adams: girl because it's the truth

(They both stare at each other. Adams walks closer to her and picks something from her hair. Just then Alan sees them and enters the house)

Acacia: thanks

Adams: you are welcome

Acacia: your brother just arrived

Adams: really oh I see

Acacia: I have to go now

Adams: okay bye beauty...

Scene 17: In Acacia's room

(Acacia smiles and walks home. When she gets home no one was at home just her. Both her mum and dad are always busy, they have no time for her)

Amanda: maame will you eat your food now?

Acacia: No Amanda just go I'll do my homework and then wait for my parents to have supper.

Amanda: but it's already 4:30 p.m. and your parents won't be back till 8 p.m.

Acacia: well I know, you don't have to remind me, Amanda

(Amanda is the house cook. Acacia changes herself into a pair of short jeans and a top. She has an earpiece in her ears and is listening to music. She is trying to solve her math homework but is unable to. She lays on the bed)

Scene 18: In the study

(Adams and Alan are still not talking to each other. they were in the study Adams is doing his homework and Alan is behind his new laptop playing games with his books in front of him pretending to be learning)

Christiana: boys I'm tired come...

(Their mum arrives in the study when she sees her two sons learning, she just walks quietly back to her bedroom)