Everyone Stop!

Rowan Pov:
Carmen and I are sitting on my bed talking about her school and all of the cute guys in it.
"Well there's this guy named Cameron and he's really cute. But our names are like really close so that would be a little weird."
"True," I say.
"But there's also this guy named Louis who is such a beaut but he is really popular and stuff. But we have a lot of classes together and he talks to me a lot."
"Hmm nice. What sports does he play?"
"Baseball and football."
"Nice! You got each other's number?"
"Yes but we never text."
"Ever made contact?"
"Yes."
I raise my eyebrow.
"Not like that! I just tripped over his foot and he caught me right before I hit the ground and I stared into his blue, dreamy eyes and, woo!"
"Aw! That's so cute!"
"I know!"
I look at the clock and it reads 3:30 am.
"Carmen look at the time! Mom and dad are probably asleep. You know what that means?"
"We go look all around their room for clues about you and what happened during your coma and figure out what they're hiding from us."
"Exactly! Let's go, but be quiet."
"Already threw out the key."
"Punny." I say

She follows me into our parents room. It's pitch black and really quiet. I feel Carmen grab on to my arm to stay close. She's not used to doing rebellious things. And come to think of it, I'm not either.

I decide to go in the closet first because that's where my parents mostly
hide stuff. I shut the door and turn on my phones flash light. Carmen does the same.
"Okay." I whisper. "Try to find anything. Record sheets, files, you name it."
"Okay." she whispered back.
I rummage through all the clothes and don't find anything. While I'm looking through the dresser Carmen whispers something.
"Um Rowan, I think I found something."
"What?" I whisper, walking towards her.
She takes a bunch of my moms clothes off of the hanger and behind them is a door. It looks like just a regular door. But I've never noticed it.
"Has that always been there?" I ask.
"I don't know. I've never really paid attention to this room until now."
I slowly bring my hand up to doorknob and try to open it.
"Locked." I say, disappointed.
"So there has to be something important in there if they locked it."
"You're right."
"There has to be a key somewhere. Where would mom hide a key?"
We both looked at each other.
"Her vanity!" We said in unison.
We shut our phones off and walked towards the vanity. Suddenly we heard a cough coming from the bed. I grab Carmen's elbow and ran back to my room.
When we got there she had a confused look on her face.
"What about the key?" She asked?
"Carm, one of them is awake and we can't afford to get caught."
"Then how are we going to get in?"
"Well mom and dad are going on a date tomorrow right?"
"Right."
"So when we put Shane to bed at like 10ish, we'll find the key with about two hours to spare."
She smiled.
"Nice."

We went back to my bed and talked. At around 4:30, Carmen fell asleep. I wasn't tired at all so I just played on my phone until morning. I kept thinking about that door. I NEED to get in there!

At around eight I decided to go downstairs to make breakfast. Or in my case, a smoothie. As I'm drinking it I hear a knock on the front door. I know it's Sabrina and let her in.
"Hey Row."
"Hey Sab."
"You ready?"
"Were are we going?"
"You'll see."
I tell my mom I'm leaving and we walk out into the California fall weather.
I decide to tell Sabrina about the mysterious door because I don't like keeping secrets from her.
"Okay your parents are acting so weird lately." She said after I told her.
"I know. I just don't understand-" but before I could finish, a group of paparazzi came out from a car.
"Rowan! How are you?"
"Rowan!"
"Rowan is reyton still a thing?"
"Rowan how long have you been out of coma?"
I couldn't answer any of them because they weren't giving me anytime and they were hovering over me. My head was starting to hurt and my brain felt like it was going to explode. I couldn't take it anymore.
"EVERYONE STOP!"
And the oddest thing happened,
Everyone froze.
I froze time.
+++++
Authors Note:
Woahhh mysterious....
Sorry that there's no reyton in this!
There will be soon😏
And this chapter is really boring and short sorryyyy🎉