Arrival

Authors Note: Thank you for choosing to read Sucker Punched by Love! I'm honestly really excited to be writing this, especially since this is the first real book that I'll be writing on, on Wattpad. I am not perfect, and on occasion there may or may not be mistakes. Therefore, all feedback is welcome, so don't hold back. I would also appreciate it very much if you could vote and/or comment to support this story, that way I'll know if I should continue writing.

That being said all rights are reserved. Any similarities to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Now, please enjoy & happy reading.

****

The house looked exactly the same as I'd left it three years ago. A pastel-peach paint job decorated its walls giving it an appearance of a happy home. The birds in the neighboring trees chirped incessantly and in sync, forming a melody closely resembling the same song my mother used to sing to me as a child while putting me to bed. I gazed at the swing on my left, watching it sway gently with a push of the wind, void of the happy child that we used to be.

I sighed at the false image. It was promising, but it was also anything but. I heard the front door bust open just in time to stop my brain from delving deeper into a subject that I wished to avoid.

I saw him first before he noticed me. His dark disheveled hair indicated that 1) he had either just woken up from one of his "power naps" or 2) He was running late somewhere, as usual.

"Where to, prince charming?" My voice startled him and I saw him visibly jump as he finally noticed my standing form at the end of the driveway.

"What the hell?" His eyes narrowed in confusion before realization kicked in.

"Elizabeth?"

"In the flesh," I grinned at my brother's shocked expression. A grin of his own appeared on his face as he approached me with evident excitement as he enveloped me in a hug.

"What are you doing here so early? I thought your flight didn't get here until 4pm?"

"I know, I got an earlier flight. I figured it would get me a chance to unpack and settle in." I hugged him back before meeting a small frown.

"Well that stinks," he murmured, actually looking disappointed. I narrowed my eyes at him for a moment before taking a step back and looking at him with closer examination.

"Why? I thought you missed your sister? Should I get a flight back because if I do, you're paying." I warned playfully before breaking into a smile, which he mirrored looking all the more like me. Lian was my twin brother. He was only older than me by a minute and a half, yet to him that meant he was the wiser, older brother. His hazel eyes were bright with pent up elation.

"Maybe that's not a bad idea, at least I'd be able to hold this up," he gestured towards a sign in his left hand. I hadn't noticed it until now.

"What is that?" I zeroed in on the words that read:

Lizzy Parker

The most annoying sister, but still most missed in all of CA.
P.S: Welcome Home Dorkus.

The words were written in multiple colors, red, turquoise, purple and orange, and dots of marker were sprinkled all across the board. Immediately my heart melted at his effort. The words were neatly written, but even then I knew it was his handwriting. He had the worst penmanship I had ever seen, but this was evidence he'd actually tried.

"I worked on it all day and wanted to show it off to the world," he shrugged, looking slightly disappointed. I gave Lian a sideways glance, before giving him a small punch on the arm.