So He Will Live (Melizabeth)

She dies

he lives

And, he's glad he is suffering.

(because she shouldn't suffer for his sake)

So he lives, roaming across Britannia

(meeting her each time)

There's laughter and joy and love, especially in the form of a silver-haired girl with that same soft smile and the same compassion and the same empathy etched into her heart.

(she's different each time, yet so so so similar that his heart cracks upon each meeting)

he wonders why-why he's still on this cursed planet

(the planet is not cursed. It is just them. Them against the world)

Every time, he tries to ensure she lives as long as she possibly can. But she can't.

(stupid, stupid curse)

the goddess side surges, she remembers. Those loving, cerulean orbs burn as thousands of years of memories flood her mind, and they both cry for the sake of love. Because, really, should love be this heart-wrenching?

(yes)

(their love, yes. Always yes. They'd defy the world for the other.)

Three days. 72 hours. It rushes by in what seems like twenty minutes. They exchange promises, broken kisses and repeat three tender words over a million times, though they both know those three tender words can barely begin to describe what is between them, what entwines their souls.

Then she's gone. Her spirit continues.

(It's just him. Again)

(He wishes, painfully, that they could die together, peacefully, happily, in each other's arms.)

He roams across Britannia, wondering what his purpose is.

(Her.

His purpose is her. He needs to remind himself.)

(and to find a way to break the stupid, stupid curse)

He meets her again, and the world is blissful and happy and, oh, how he wishes life was this simple.

(Not for them. Never for them).

She is all he desires. If the world were kind, they'd be living together with children and a comfortable home. But the world is dark and cruel, and they are subjects to this vicious torment. He won't forget how he betrayed his clan in the first place, how their first meeting as children of two gods resulted in living like this.

(after all, the world loves to torture them)

How falling in love triggered his life, yet it triggered this curse, and he wonders if it was all written in the stars as if destiny was aware of their tragic fate.

He's Meliodas, and she's Elizabeth.

This. This is their story.

But it's not a story. Stories require a happy ending, one where people smile and laugh because their suffering has all been worth it, and these two have not found theirs.

They are in love. Love so deep that majestic flames devour their hearts and scorch them whole.

And they are cursed.

(They are cursed because they are in love)

His life continues endlessly, and Elizabeth won't stop dying,

but there's hope each time. His heart bursts each time.

Elizabeth is his hope.

(their promise is his motivation)

He will never not remember. He will never not be haunted by memories. He will never not get used to this pain.

He's changed. He's learnt.

Life is hard.

So very, very hard. Harder than ever before.

But he's somehow alive

(for her. Only for her.)

so he will live.