03

- G R I F F I N -

I'm drunk, a girl in my lap. She's totally eating my face, but a hookup is a hook up. It's just not the same when I'm hungry.

"I'm sorry." I slur. "I'm not up for this." I stand, stumbling into the kitchen. I hear the girl scoff as I wipe her lip-gloss off of my lips.

Venus is in the kitchen, sipping on something in a red cup. She tenses up, then chooses to ignore me. I open the pizza box, grabbing a slice. I take a bite, my gaze traveling back to her face. Her hair falls into her eyes, and when she tucks it behind her ear, I notice something.

"What happened to you?" I ask, reaching out, and brushing my fingers over her cheek.

She covers her bruise with her hand. "Nothing. I slipped before I got here."

"Bullshit." I mutter. "You're lying." I lean back onto the counter.

"I'm not lying. You're just drunk." She scoffs, setting her drink onto the counter next to me.

"I know." I admit, pouring myself a glass of water.

"That's not water." She grabs the bottle from me. "It's vodka." She dumps out the vodka, pouring me a glass of water, handing it to me.

"Oh." I tilt my head, blinking lazily at the cup. "You're sure?" I ask.

"Yes." She nods. "You should go to your room. Everyone is leaving anyway." She grabs my hand. "Which one is it?"

"This one." I point to a door. We both walk in, and I collapse on my bed face first. "I'm so tired."

She smiles, glancing at my ceiling. About a week ago, Jason taped a picture of a girl on my ceiling. He said she found her in a magazine. I told him he was stupid, and never got down to taking the picture down. Occasionally, he would print out pictures of the girls I hooked up with, and put them on the ceiling. It was some joke we had going on between us, because as soon as he told me who he was with, I taped about twenty pictures of her all over his room.

The whole football team helped me with that.

"Ignore that." I mumble, standing on my bed, and tearing it down. "Jason did it." I don't know why I find the need to explain myself to her. She probably doesn't care less. I don't think I would have explained myself to anyone else.

"Oh." She nods, grinning. "I just thought you had some creepy fantasy with her."

"No." I shake my head. My eyes drop down to her dress. "I like your dress."

"Thank you. Is this how you normally are drunk?"

"No. I just don't feel good today." I shrug. "Why? Do I seem different?"

"I don't know. I've never seen you drunk." She laughs.

"Shit. I forgot." I run a hand down my face.

She smiles. "Okay. I better go."

"Can you tell Jason I'm up here?"

"Yeah." She nods, shutting the door behind her. I look at the crumbled photo in my hand. I shape it into a ball, and throw it into my trash can. I miss.

I let out a sigh, standing up. I can hear someone talking outside of my room. I throw the paper away, listening closely.

"Listen here, if you come any closer with Griffin, your life will be hell. You hear that?"

I try not to make any noise, slowly cracking the door open. It's Ella talking to Venus. Ella is literally a psycho. I've never met someone so- bitchy. When she likes someone, she'll make sure no one gets in her way. And she likes me. For now.